More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by iambobokay iambobokay

How do you confirm the ring's powers?

Test it on your mother

“Mom! Of course! I can test it on her!”

I tried to calm down and recalled the words the girl told me.

“How did it go again?... Just put the ring on and everything I say will become common sense for everyone else, right? But I can't just start with something too crazy. If it doesn't work, I don't know what she'll do to me.”

I spend a few more minutes devising a strategy and then stepped outside, the ring now on my right ring finger. My mother was already in the kitchen preparing breakfast.

“Oh, Daniel. Good morning.”

“M.....morning”

I wasn't able to give her a proper greeting. My heart was pounding so hard I was afraid she might hear it.

“It's alright” I thought to myself, “Just say something that isn't true, but won't make you look stupid or crazy. Just like I planned.”

I walked over to the table and sat down, trying my hardest to act natural.

“So...since it's morning, you usually stare out the window for 30 seconds. Have you done that already?”

My mother stopped her hands which were just about to cut a slice of bread. She turned around and looked directly at me

“What? Did it not work after all?”

Just when I was about to play it off as a joke, my mother started smiling and replied:

“Oh, you're right! I totally forgot! Thanks for reminding me!”

Then, like it truly was a ritual for her, she moved over to our kitchen's window and stared outside for exactly 30 seconds.

“It.....It worked! It actually worked!”

My mind was already going through the possibilities this power could give me and I was getting hard again, but I was able to return to reality before losing myself in my fantasies.

“No, not too fast...that test was successful, but let's go all out now...something she would never do normally!”

My mother had just finished her staring-outside and was about to sit down at the table when I had made my choice for the final test.

How do you go all out?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)