More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by heney1282 heney1282

Which one does he choose?

Talk to her best friend

Lauren and Ashley have been best friends since they were little kids. Mike has always felt comfortable around her. So, he decides to give her a call to see if maybe she has any ideas. He texts her asking if she would like to get together for lunch one day this week. He makes some dumb excuse about wanting to talk about careers since they both work in a similar field. They agree to meet later that week.

Ashley has been in a committed relationship with another girl since her and Lauren were juniors in college. According to Lauren, Ashley had dated guys and girls up until she met her partner Lori. Since then, she has only been with Lori.

When Mike arrives at the restaurant, he finds Ashley already sitting at a table. She waves him over and greets him with a hug before he sits down.

“If you are planning on leaving Lauren you know I’m going to have to kill you, right?” Ashley says to him with a very straight face as he is sitting down.

“WHAT!?” Mike replies in shock.

“Come on. You don’t think I’m so naive as to think you really want some career advice.”

“Well, okay, you busted me. It has nothing to with that. But I am certainly not planning on leaving Lauren either.” Mike says as the waiter approaches the table.

After they order Mike explains the situation of basically no sex, and since Ashley has known Lauren for so long, he asks if she has any advice.

“What makes you think I would know anything about a heterosexual relationship?” Ashley says jokingly.

“Well, it’s really more about Lauren” he responds.

“Jeez, man, lighten up. I’m just messing around with you. Look, I’ve known Lauren since we were 2, and honestly, she’s always been kind of a prude. I remember this one time in high school when we met some guys and ended up at the lake. We were so hot and wanted to swim, but nobody had bathing suits. Well, me and the two guys just strip to our underwear and jump in. Then poor Lauren almost drowned herself because she tried to swim in her jeans and flannel top.”

Mike through his laugh, “I can totally see her doing that”

“Anyway, I assume if you are coming to me, you’ve gone through all the normal steps, like talking to her.” She says in a more serious tone.

“Of course. In the past, any time I would bring it up, things would get better for a bit. Then go back down again. Now, if I even mention our sex life or lack thereof, she gets upset.”

“Yeah, Lori and I have gone through periods like this too.” Ashley reaches over and touches his hand, “how about I talk to Lauren for you.”

“She’d kill me if she knew I talked to you about this.” Mike quickly replies.

“Again, man, how dumb do you think I am. Of course, I won’t say you mentioned a thing to me. I mean, I didn’t tell her about our lunch today because I knew you were going to want to talk about her.”

“Thank you, I really appreciate it.” Mike says while looking slightly relaxed for the first time since he sat down.

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)