More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by BelleHades BelleHades

So, does Gene accept Nucleina's offer?

Surprise, motherfucker!

"Weeeeeelll..."

"Yes?" Nucleina asked inquisitively, curious if Gene had a different idea.

"Is it possible we could do that here? Like I could gain hands on experience here on Earth as we go along?"

Nucleina gasped with excitement.

"That's PERFECT, Gene!" She exclaimed. "Exactly what we were hoping you'd ask fo--"

"Gene!" A male voice inturrupted him, snapping Gene back to reality.

"You're daydreaming again, man. Get back to work." It was Gene's boss at the local burger joint. Gene went back to work scrubbing the dishes. He looked at the clock, it was almost time to go home for the day. He remembered it was still only May; his 30th birthday was still 6 months away.

Gene caught up on the dishes and put his last set of burgers in the broiler for the day, and headed out. His ride home again had the creep who constantly stared at all the women they drove by.

Upon getting home, he was told by the staff of the group home he was living in that a new roommate would be moving in tomorrow. Gene figured itd be yet another creepy old guy, since the staff preferred older men over a younger or diverse population.

Gene checked for spiders under his bed, and grabbed the hose vacuum to suck them up. The house itself was really old, built in 1950. The main living area for the clients was the walk in basement, which was old and falling apart. Plug outlets has missing covers; there were spiders everywhere, mostly daddy long legs but a few scarier species too. Meanwhile the upstars was where the live-in owners/staff live in, and 1st world luxury compared to the 3rd world basement. Gene's room was on the left in the basement. The other room to the right in the basement was empty until tomorrow. The 3rd client room was upstairs, occupied by a temperamental old guy.

Gene got out of his work clothes and into his tee and gym shorts. He turned on up his shitty walmart piece of crap laptop that was gifted to him by the live-in owners. His phone's internet reception was shit, but thankfully he had a internet booster provided by his mobile ISP. He looked up Proserpina, a planet that was detected in 1976 in the Triangulum constellation, hoping for new astronomical data on it. Sadly there wasn't, but there were rumours of possible space probe missions to the planet roaming around.

Proserpina had been one of his favorite planets since High School, with Pluto being his top favorite planet. He had come up with a world building project about himself moving to Pluto and becoming King of the universe; wnd making it a free love empire to spite all the prudes that have ruled Earth since time immemorial. In it, he always imagined Proserpina having a different name, "Belle Hades," from native aliens, believing it to have Previously orbited the "Tatooine"-style star named Delta Trianguli, since it's hyperbolic trajectory seemed to have come from the star. Right now, Proserpina was 19 astronomical units away from Earth, having recently crossed the orbit of Uranus this year or last. The rogue planet's estimated perihelion date was January 12, 2020; which coincidentally, was also the same day Saturn, Pluto, and the Sun would all conjunct together in Astrology.

"Someday, I hope..." Gene sighed, hoping all his dreams would come true someday. After watching the news and having dinner, he spent the rest of the day flying a flight simulator game.

Who does Gene wake up to?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)