More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by heynow heynow

Who is your partner?

Supergirl

"Hey Shad! Welcome aboard. I'm glad we finally get the chance to work together in an official capacity," Supergirl says with a smile. She is one of the superheroes you'd crossed paths with during your amateur days. Not that she had actually needed your help, but she had always been friendly toward you. And naturally you had developed a bit of a crush on her. But even in your nanobot-enhanced state, you didn't really think you were in the same league as one of the most beautiful, powerful beings in the world. "Yo Shad! You in there?"

You shake your head with Supergirl snapping her fingers in your face. -Focus!- "Sorry I was just, uh... mentally preparing myself for the mission," you say as you try to recover from your embarrassment.

"Get that out of your system now. We can't have you spacing out in the middle of the action. It's understandable to be a little nervous before your first mission. But don't worry. I'll be watching you just as closely as you've been watching me," she says with a wink as she boards the shuttle.

"Ummm... I... " -Crap... Blew it already- "Sorry?" you say as you follow her aboard.

"Hah I'm just messing with you, Shad. I know I'm hot. It's okay to look. Just try to keep your mouth closed next time."

"I didn't... You're messing with me again, aren't you? Having fun?" You give her a friendly punch on the shoulder as she sits there cracking up in the pilot's seat. "Now what's our mission?" you ask, trying to deflect attention back to the task at hand.

Supergirl punches in the coordinates and the shuttle launches back toward Earth. "A new player has possibly entered the bioterrorism game. A Dr. Johnson is suspected of setting up a manufacturing facility here," she points it out on the viewing screen of the shuttle. "Several recent thefts of machinery and chemicals have been traced to this warehouse. Intel hasn't pegged down exactly what he's cooking up, but you don't steal that kind of equipment to bake bread. You can read through the info on your tablet there. Maybe you can make sense of it. Anyway, the plan is to set down near the warehouse, infiltrate and determine the nature of the facility. Then we neutralize the threat. Make sense?"

"Sounds good. I'll skim through the intel and see if anything sticks out to me."

You spend the rest of the flight reading through what info you have. The owner of the warehouse, this Dr. Johnson, is suspected to have ties to the trade, but nobody has been able to pin anything on him yet. Looking through the list of stolen items, you suspect he is developing some sort of that amps up aggression, but without more data, it's really just speculation.

"Okay we're here. Now we can either split up and meet in the middle or stick together and do a full sweep. It's your first mission, so I'll let you choose."

Split up or Stick together?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)