More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by LoneDynasty LoneDynasty

What's next?

Subtle Heroics

Written by Sir Beany

Aaron assessed the situation going on underneath him, finding that he couldn't possess anyone around himself without something horrible happening.

If he possessed the robber then she would just get shot by the security up in the front, especially now that she was holding a bystander up by wrapping her arm around the poor fellows neck, casually aiming the pistol she had up to his head.

And it was because of her that he couldn't possess the security or his classmate, less he run the risk of them being shot down while he was in control.

"Take one step closer and I'll blow the fuckers brains out!" The lady shouted, though her voice emphasized a tone of command, her smile was malicious, as if daring the guards to make some kind of move.

Aaron REALLY didn't want to find out what being shot felt like.

And so with little fanfare he left, giving a small look back as he prepared to reform and ca the police, at least he could be on the news for being the 'guy who arrived and called the police.'

But then reality hit Aaron in the face, a realization of something he had forgotten came back to him as he gave a small look down at the ground, noticing how there wasn't a bump in his pocket.

He didn't have his phone.

Oh you've gotta be fucking kidding me, Aaron thought to himself, a growing sense of annoyance plastered itself inside his heart, When did I drop it?!

He doesn't know if he dropped it when he was being chased by a literal shooting star, or when he was testing his powers out and it just fell through his ghost clothes somewhere, but he didn't have his phone at that moment.

And what was worse? He couldn't just inform someone else about that, because of COURSE the bank that was being robbed just had to be built near a street where there wasn't a stoplight for another block, Aaron couldn't just possess a driver on the street going forty miles per hour.

Aaron floated a little higher up, praying that someone, anyone would be walking down the street at that moment despite the time of night, and maybe he could just possess them and use their phone instead, or he could just inform them of what was happening without possessing them at all.

But alas, there was no such person around.

Aaron just slumped his invisible shoulders in defeat, knowing that his non confrontational plan had just sunken like the Titanic, he didn't have anyway of interfering without possessing someone inside, and now he'd wasted time.

But then, like an angel came down from heaven, a bright light of a car pulled into the bank's parking lot, a sky blue mini-van drove around the parking lot and pulled around and behind the building.

Aaron felt like he could jump for joy, if he wasn't floating.

As quickly as he could Aaron moved his spiritual form around the building, gliding as fast as he could, pivoting his form around the building and finding the van parked next to an ATM machine.

The sensation of relief he felt was quickly thrown to the side for now as Aaron moved himself forward and into the van itself, phasing through the vehicles trunk, rear seats, and middle seats as he approached the cars driver.

He hadn't noticed it when he entered the van, but now that he was closer to the front he started hearing what sounded like a very melodramatic piece of music, the wavy sounds of a piano hummed alongside the sound of a violin and cello.

Along with that, Aaron could now also hear the voice of the driver.

"I-I can't keep doing this Michelle..." The driver whimpered out, the sound of their voice being distinctly feminine. "He... I can't keep doing this, I'm sorry..."

Aaron looked over the seat, attempting to glean as much information as possible before possessing this lady, Aaron also attempted to not think about how, if things went according to plan, he would end up being a woman in a few moments.

Despite looming over her, the ghostly visage quite literally preparing to descend upon her the woman didn't seem to notice at all, instead she continued crying to whoever was on the other end of the phone, Aaron noting that the cellular was plugged into the cars Bluetooth system, the only sound coming from the other end being a couple of shuffling background noises.

It didn't matter at the moment, the only thing that did was the fact that this lady, whoever she was, had a phone that he could currently use.

Slowly, but ever so surely, Aaron pushed himself forward, moving into the driver seat and pulling himself into the person occupying it, though she didn't seem to notice at all as she continued her 'conversation.'

"I'll be dropping by soon." She said in a super quiet voice, the only way Aaron heard it was because he was currently halfway into her, his upper torso and head were still outside of her body. "Just give me ten minutes, I'll just g-grab some money and-"

Whatever she said next, if she said anything next, went unheard as Aaron finally felt himself mix completely into her body, the world around him going black in the process.

Aaron hadn't felt much when he was moving into her body, but now he felt a strong warmth envelope his whole form as the process of possession finalized itself, his farm was incredibly warm, helping to emphasize how it now felt like it was turning in on itself, the changes he felt going on were indescribable, but in a comfortable, homey sort of way.

An unknown amount of time passed, Aaron knew that I mt couldn't have been more then a few seconds based on his last possession, especially seeing as he hadn't gone through this process when he'd possessed the old man before, but it felt like an eternity had passed by the time the blackness around him finally reformed into color and light.

For a moment Aaron didn't understand what he was feeling, quickly reorienting himself after being a senseless ghost for a short while was weird, but that proved to only be the start of the weirdness.

Blinking the strange looking spots that filled his vision, Aaron noticed that he was currently looking outside of a car window, his eyes were focused on his hand, which was reaching out of the window with its index and middle finger held out in a pinching position, as if it were holding something in between them, the hand was poised next to an ATM machine.

Aaron, almost robotically, moved his hand away from the money dispenser, feeling the cold sensation of the cool glass against his skin, which was now hairless and smooth, at least his arm was.

Quickly realizing what all of that meant, Aaron moved his new hand towards the phone placed up against the cars dashboard, attempting to ignore how his fingers were now manicured, with each nail now being painted a different color, in order from his thumb to his pinky they were painted red, yellow, green, blue, and purple.

He pulled the phone up towards his face, quickly disconnecting whatever phone call this lady had been in before quickly dialing 911, Aaron thanking whatever god was out there for this lady not having a password on her phone.

After a few seconds a small click informed Aaron that someone had picked up.

"Los Angeles 911." A masculine voice started, his voice being calm and slightly monotone.

"Um, yes, uh..." Aaron held the phone up to his ear as he spoke in his new voice, the sound of it sending chills up his spine, or rather, this woman's spine. "There's currently s bank robbery happening at XXXX XXXXXXX Bank." I stated, trying to keep my voice calm and collected.

"Alright, ma'am." The man on the other end said. "Please keep me on hold so I can track you're location and send law enforcement down there. Is there anything else you'd like to add?"

"Um, yeah..." Aaron breathed for a moment. "The robber is a woman, long black hair, and I... saw her holding a gun."

Despite the , pleading tone Aaron made from the woman's body, his face contradicted his tone, with a small frown being in the place of, what should have been, a quivering woman begging a police officer for help.

Whatever gets the police hear faster.

A small grunt of recognition came from the other line. "Alright, give the police five-ish minutes, okay?"

"Alright." An affirmation.

Aaron had completed his goal, but now what?

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)