More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by floppy15 floppy15

What will I do until tonight?

Stella

Because of the great weather I decide to walk home. By bus it's only five minutes, but I have nothing to do for the next few hours anyway. The music scene around here is dominated by hip hop and the music in the clubs is accordingly. The only club Ernie and I hang out in, is “Johnny's”. That place is a blessing. On the weekends some really good live-bands perform and on Tuesday's some up an coming bands are given a chance. One day we will play there too, that's a promise Ernie and I made when we started our band.

The Neighborhood I live in is upper middle class. When my father started his company we lived in Ernie's street. Still a safe neighborhood, but you don't walk around at night alone, if you know what I mean.

The rest of the day is pretty uneventful. As soon as I get home I grab my guitar and climb out of my window onto our garage. From there I have a pretty good view over our city. Every time I find the time I just grab my guitar and start to play. Some pretty promising melodies were created this way. I just look over the city and let my fingers do the work. Most of the time I record everything, so I won't forget it as fast as I come up with it.

I spotted “Stella”, as Ernie named her, in a pawn shop about six months ago. It was a lucky coincidence and I fell in love. I had to work three months for my father to come up with the money for this Gibson Les Paul '56 reissue. She is just a beauty.

Without realizing it I play for hours and when I take a closer look around I see that the sun is setting already. I pause my recording and put my guitar back into its case, swing it on my back and go outside.

Go to Ernie's house?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)