More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by kalanac kalanac

Hmm, looks like the guard is going to inspect the cart. Maybe you could try and make a run for it?

Stay put

You've no idea where you are or what to expect. You never left the village before today, running would be madness! Besides, the merchant would only have you brought back and not gently either. The canvas covering is drawn back and sunlight streams in, seems like you were travelling all night. Your eyes don't quite adjust to the new light as a silhouette appears at the back of the cart.

"Here you go, feel free to look around, lemme know if you see anything you like the look of" says Hogarth.

Another silhouette, larger than Hogarth's appears. As your eyes finally adjust you can make out a large man climbing onto the back of the cart. He's wearing a helmet and thick leather armour, obviously a guard. His tunic is a bright red colour and bears a golden eagle crest, probably the crest of whatever lord rules the city but you know nothing about such things.

The guard doesn't seem surprised that you're in there, Hogarth is well known to trade in slaves. He gives you a long look, you fancy that it lingers on you for longer than it should before he continues looking around.

"Everything looks like its in order" he tells Hogarth and soon the cart lurches forward again. Through the open covering, you see the cart pass through the gate which shuts once the cart is through. After a few minutes of stop-start travel the cart comes to a stop again.

Looks like it's off to the market with you.

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)