More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Tnaulg Tnaulg

What happens when you awaken?

Stay in bed and fantasize about those powers

You're a college student and you're pretty smart and really not that bad with your studies, but that would be when you actually try. And you're also pretty lazy, actually, really lazy. You hate yourself for that but you are, as a matter of fact, too lazy to try and get that to change.
The result is, well, you failed your first year of university. Not by a lot, barely, but still failed. You're feeling a little bad about that, considering that the money which payed your university fees, as well as your food and living expenses is provided to you through a scholarship. You're allowed to fail two years before you have to pay it back in full, and only once per year. Which means you could still fail your second or third year once and be fine, but couldn't possibly afford to fail the first one again.
Well, it was the first semester of your second attempt at first year, and you already had most of the courses cleared from the previous year, which meant you had a lot of free time and was spending it mostly staying home all day, getting up around noon, then go out with friends on the evening. You lived in a small appartment building, in what you could very well actually just call a room : there was your bed, a desk, a small table, a sink and a hob. In another really small room was a shower, a toilet and a bathroom sink. That was it. At least, it was cheap, which meant you could spend your monthly scholarship allowance on things you liked, which would be mostly video games and bars you'd go to with your friends. That really didn't help getting you out of your laziness as it fueled your creeping dopamine addiction.
You were always well aware of all those facts but still were unable to gather the will to change it. You weren't depressed though, in fact, you were rather happy, you were living a dream life the only thing was the guilt. The guilt of being a good-for-nothing. You knew you were not that stupid, but you also knew that you were always unable to gather the will to work when you needed to. You knew about the dreadful consequences of another failure and yet, were still not putting even the slightest effort towards your studies. Maybe you didn't like chemistry that much ? Nah, you always loved it... Then what ? What was broken within you ? And when those thoughts were coming, you'd do what you always did : push them away and start daydreaming about another life, another self. Fantasizing that you were all powerful, or rich, or irresistible to potential lovers...

This "morning" (it was already a bit passed noon) was not really different from the others in that particular matter. You were still naked in bed. For some reason, you hated wearing anything to sleep. You looked at the time. What a loser I am... I could actually do something with my life... The only difference is that this morning, one of your dreams whispered you some fantasizing fuel. You'd be able to have the power to ask "would you rather" questions, have them answered and those answers would become real.
How cool would that be ? I'd probably ask someone out by not really leaving any choice like "would you rather go out with me because you just fell madly in love with me or go out with me because you allways had a thing for me and hoped this would become reality someday ?" and then find a way to get money through that power. Actually, I could even use it to change myself, maybe. Yeah, by asking someone about me and making them choose between two things I would want to happen... Wait ! Maybe I could even ask myself in the mirror or something... You were there in your thoughts and the urge to pee was starting to get you uncomfortable in bed, so you got up and walked the 6 steps that separated you from the toilet. You peed with a blank mind and when you were done, you washed your hands in the bathroom sink and then your face. You saw your reflection in the mirror, naked.

What do you see ?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)