More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by hemelwijs hemelwijs

Choose character

Special event: The dungeon crawl

I stand in the empty white room that is the character creation screen. In front of me, hovering at eye height is the holographic window that allows me to select pre-made characters or special events. There are many to choose from, other players and the developers constantly add new things to try. I scroll past the list of characters until I reach the events list. Right at the top is an event that catches my eye.


The dungeon crawl

Join us in celebrating one of the oldest, most rewarding forms of adventuring.

Create your adventurer and set foot in the dungeon of endless possibilities. Explore an unending system of floors and tunnels, as you fight and puzzle your way through ever-increasing challenges.

For each floor or sector you clear, you will earn a new reward. The lower you get, the higher your prize. Earn more AP to customize your character. Discover new classes or races. Earn items or gold to give you a little boost at the start of your next adventure. Companions, pets, mounts. Everything is possible to earn inside this dungeon.

But beware, for one wrong move can be your last. Be careful not to end up in the hands of a slaver. Or in the clutches of some bandits, forcing you to be their sex- until you die from exhaustion. Or perhaps the many traps will be your undoing. Pitfalls await to drop you to unknown places. Spike traps wait to impale the unprepared. And who can forget about the classic rolling boulder?

Do you think you have what it takes? Does the promise of riches and rewards entice you? And are you prepared to fight for your life, your virtue, and perhaps, your sanity? If you can say YES to all these questions, then proceed. Make your hero, and face the perils of The dungeon crawl.

PROCEED/RETURN TO LIST.


I read the description with growing interest. That sure sounds exciting. In fact, it sounds like that is exactly what I was looking for.

I press the proceed button and the window disappears.

After a short loading time, the white of the room around me changes into a lush field of grass. A few meters ahead of me I can see a small building that looks like it serves as a crypt or something. I start to walk towards it, but after the first step, the game freezes and a new window appears.

Create your adventurer

Please create your character now. Due to the way this event is designed, no AP is available. You may choose a race from the list of unlocked races. A class from the list of unlocked classes. And you may select three (3) skills as your starting ability. Appropriate gear will be provided once this is done. Character apparel and naming is unrestricted as normal.

Well shit. I had a great character in mind to make for this, but it seems that the game is set up to start with a blank hero. I probably earn the AP for new skills once I start clearing the place.

"Oh well, no point in bitching about things I can't change."

So I get to work. First things first: A play style, and thus, a class.

What kind of hero do I make?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)