More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Lostghalo Lostghalo

What does Emma dream?

Something That Will Change Her Life

Emma blinked her eyes open and squinted against the bright sun. She reached out both arms and ran her fingers through the soft dewy grass. She could hear the distance rustle of tree branches moving in the gentle breeze.

where am I? Am I dreaming?

Emma didn't feel like she had to anything except lay there in the grass, but she slowly raised her head and sat up on her elbows. She was laying in the middle of a wide field. A line of low hills rose behind her. The rest of the field was circled by a dense forest. What struck her most were the colors Everything was so bright! Like someone had turned her eyes' saturation up to 11. The green of the grass was so vivid it was like it was about to explode. Emma stared at a single clover and thought she could see colors there she had never experienced before.

"Isn't it beautiful, Emma?"

The soft musical voice made Emma whip her head around. A woman was standing behind her, buy a woman like none Emma had ever seen.

She was tall and elegant from head to toe. Thin, but curvy in all the right ways. Her straight blonde hair fell just past her shoulders and flowed over her perfect smooth skin. Yet it was her eyes that captured Emma. They were like blue gemstones and shown with the same pulsing web of impossible colors as the grass. Emma had never really thought about girls the same way she thought about boys (unless you count that one sleep over with Sam), but now...she couldn't take her eyes away form this perfect being in font of her.

"Are you an angel?" It was the only thing Emma could think of calling this person.

The mysterious woman smiled and walked over to kneel beside Emma.

"Yes, child." She said in that perfect voice. "I am, of course, an angel. And I've come to you in this dream to help you."

She reached out and slid a finger down the side of Emma's face along her jam. Emma was surprised at the feeling. She would have guessed that this woman's touch would be full of warmth-like a kiss from the sun, but it wasn't. Instead Emma's cheek felt like it had just been pressed against Ice. The woman noticed Emma flinch and quickly pulled her hand back.

"You...you are an angel? And this is a dream?" asked Emma.

"That's right. Dreams are where It's easiest for us to touch the mind's or mortals. Emma, I have been watching you for some time now. I have felt your sadness, and despair keener than ever these last few months. So, I have come to help you."

Emma supposed she should have been more alarmed, or at least incredulous about all this. She had never been very religious, and now here she was talking with an angel. Shouldn't she be asking about the afterlife or something.

Wait...this is all a dream. A lucid one, but just a dream. I had a bad day at school, and now my subconscious is protecting itself or something. O well, might as well enjoy it. She is REALLY nice to look at.

"What's your name?" Emma asked.

"I am called Layla in the voice of humans. My true name is not one you could pronounce."

"Why...why do you want to help me? I mean, I'm not that special. There must be people who need an angel more than me?"

"That may be child, but I see great potential in you." Layla leaned forward , so that her face was just inches away from Emma's. "I will make you a deal. I can help you achieve greatness, in return, I will require something of you."

Emma frowned. Sense when do angels make bargains? I don't remember that in the Bible.

"What do you mean? How will you help me, and what do you need?"

Layla's smile stretched wider over her perfect teeth. "All will be explained in time. Trust me." She held out her hand. "Just take my hand, and the deal in struck."

Emma lifted her hand, but didn't shake yet. Something seemed wrong about this. What am I worried about? It's not real. Just a weird dream.

"Take my hand Emma, and I will help you get what ever you desire."

What did she desire. She thought about what had happened at school today, but it was more than that. She wanted to get even. She wanted people to notice her. She wanted to do the things she wanted. She wanted to be special. Emma grasped Layla's hand.

What does Emma wake up to?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)