More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by GLKnight GLKnight

What's next?

Some Suggested Guidelines

If you would like to add a chapter, here are some things I'd like authors to consider.

1. The House wants people to stay there of their own free will.

Despite appearances, the House is a sentient being. Both fickle and patient, its whims on who lives in its current facade changes depending on what mood its feeling the day those individuals move it. But the one thing the house likes to do is take its time. Think of it in terms of satisfaction. Whereas it CAN make changes happen in a rapid manner, that can usually leave its new residents feeling confused or threatened or scared. And if a new resident is confused/threatened/scared, then the likelihood of someone running away from its influences increases dramatically.

The House wants the new residents there of their own volition until they are completely changed into their new lives and identities.

2. Almost every new resident will only have cursory bits of clarity while they are actively trying to piece the clues together.

With the House being an active entity in their lives, this is not to say that anyone who inadvertently moves in is completely defenseless. It's just that the way the House alters reality makes it really hard for anyone to remember things exactly. Subtlety is the name of the game. Whether its making a few alterations to details, or a slight shifting of features, if a resident is aware enough, they will be able to catch on to what is really going on around them (or, most likely, TO them).

3. The House doesn't always have to succeed and the residents don't always have to lose.

The main goal of the House is to have people living their who match up to what it WANTS its residents to be. By that same regard, most residents just want to live their lives their way. So, just like any roommate, it IS possible to reach a compromise. But just like any situation involving roommates, sometimes a compromise isn't possible. Try to make the end goal an earned or deserved transformation. Sometimes, an interaction completely changes how the House views someone, for better or for worse. Think about how to play into that.

Now, that's not to say that the House isn't fine with rapidly changing people. But think about whether the House wants the people it's changing the people under its roof there or not. And think about whether the House enjoys what it has transformed those people into, as well.

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)