More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 4 by LastPandaOnEarth LastPandaOnEarth

Dose she say anything?

Small Talk (Husband POV)

Tom looked fantastic for his age. George Clooney fantastic, if you know what I mean. Sure, he was a few years older than you, and here and there you could see the first gray hairs. But the man has aged like a good French wine, that's for sure.

"Nice place you've got here," he said, walking down your hallway a little.

He stopped in front of your family photos on the wall.

There were a few of you and Hanna in the photos, for one thing. One showed you on your honeymoon, riding camels in Egypt. Another is of your wedding, with Hanna in her white dress and you in a black tuxedo.

Another photo is again of your family. It shows your mother and sister vacationing on the beach in Spain two years ago.

Both your mother and your sister are wearing a bikini, which may sound repulsive to some, but no, it's not. Especially since your mother still had a figure that was really good to show in a bikini. She got pregnant very early with you and your sister when she was still in high school. Her high school lover eventually took off and after that, she took care of you guys on her own. She was older than Tom, but you definitely couldn't call her a grandma yet.

"Is this the family that's coming to visit you today?" asked Tom, pointing to the vacation photo.

"Yes, my mother and sister. We don't get to see each other too often, so we're really looking forward to it," you said.

"And even though you haven't seen them in so long, you'd rather go to our party today than spend the evening with them? Whoa, Henry, I'm honored, but I can't let you do that."

It's true, you haven't seen them in a long time, but it would be just for tonight and then you would have the next few days dedicated entirely to your family.

"Your mother and sister are welcome though" Tom continued.

"We really want you to be there Henry and if your mother and sister come too, then that wouldn't be a problem at all!"

You think about it for a moment. Your sister would be there in a heartbeat. She's not one to skip a party just like that. Your mother, on the other hand, is more reserved. A real lady, you could say. If a party involves anything other than drinking wine and listening to classical music, it's rather not for her. But who knows, maybe you can convince her.

"Well... I don't know. Do you really think so?" you ask Tom.

"Of course man, you're all invited. A few other guests that will be coming will be happy to see her too, I'm sure" Tom said and winked at Henry, which Henry didn't notice.

"Alright, we'll be there. All together." you finally say.

"Fantastic!" exclaimed Tom delightedly, giving you a hearty pat on the back that nudged you forward a bit.

"Then it's settled. But Henry, are you a jealous sort of man?" asked Tom out of nowhere.

"I am what?" you asked, confused.

Tom laughed it off. "Haha nothing, nothing, we'll see about that. You have to understand, we're a little more loose here in the neighborhood in one way or another."

You both are silent for a moment.

"So Henry, are you interested in football?" said Tom interrupting the silence.

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)