More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by protoborg protoborg

What does the doctor do?

Shi relaxes

Doctor Crusher was, like most Vulcans, always tightly in control of hir emotions. At least shi was half in control. Shi was, after all, half-Klingon. It was the Klingon half that seemed to be in control not half an hour ago in the medical bay when that ensign had dropped a beaker full of a cell culture the doctor had been running for the past week. That was why the good doctor had decided to take the afternoon off. Shi truly did not understand how Klingons and Vulcans could possibly handle being married, but hir parents had somehow made it work for nearly 50 years now. Shi shook hir head to clear the thoughts as shi walked over to hir replicator and order up a soothing drink. Crusher then sat in hir favorite chair and picked up hir favorite book. Shi preferred the physical books to the electronic ones as the feel of the book in hir hand was part of the experience for her. As the day's troubles slowly melted away, Doctor Crusher begin to relax into a nap.

Snapping awake, shi realized shi would be much more comfortable in bed. Plus, it would mean shi could get an early start in the morning. Undressing slowly, Crusher walked languidly over to her bed and lay down. Shi pulled the covers over hirself and was soon fast asleep. The "bed", "sensing" its owner was now present, began its task of assimilating the good doctor into the Collective. The first sign of the impending assimilation was the doctor's shallower breathing. Slowly, the doctor stopped breathing altogether. Hir hair began to fall out shortly thereafter. As the changes occurred the doctor's thoughts and feelings began to shift. Shi was less and less loyal to Star Fleet as shi became more and more loyal to the Collective. It was not long until the doctor was completely assimilated. As hir last thought as an individual was absorbed into the Collective, Doctor Crusher vanished and was replaced with Drone 1 of 9, Primary Experimental Assimilator.

"1 of 9, Primary Experimental Assimilator. Awaken and receive your orders."

1 of 9 arose from hir assimilation chamber/alcove. Shi was the first of hir kind aboard this vessel and would assist in the assimilation of many more in the future.

"1 of 9, you are to assume the guise of the former humanoid known as Doctor Crusher. You will continue to function in the capacity of ship's doctor. However, you will attempt to assimilate your former crew whenever possible. You must never alert your former shipmates of your true identity and objectives. You have the ability to assume the physical appearance of anyone you see. Begin with senior officers."

"Understood. 1 of 9 will assimilate all senior officers. Memories indicate medical checkups will be most effective means of ensuring compliance. All senior officers shall be assimilated into local Unimatrix 01. Doctor Crusher is not scheduled to return to duty for another 3 hours."

"Begin reconnaissance of potential targets until the doctor's scheduled on duty hours. This will permit you to avoid suspicion. No humanoid aboard shall be allowed to suspect our true goals in this matter. All precautions must be taken to assure our goals are achieved."

"Affirmative. Covert surveillance shall be conducted immediately."

Follow the good "doctor" or someone else?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)