More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Yabusa Yabusa

Which company ends up with the only Phase Binder in existence?

Shaw Biosciences

In a surprise display, employees from Shaw Biosciences approached the Yabusa both at one of the trade shows, in the middle of a demonstration no less, and performed some 'percussive maintenance' on the Phase Binder, leaving multiple people injured and one partially phased with Yabusa machinery awkwardly stuck through half her body. Shaw Sciences employees made the claim that the machine was an unnatural meddling with biology and should be destroyed.

In the chaos that ensued, what everyone thought was a bunch of Yabusa employees hauled the machine out of sight. Unbeknownst to anyone, though, Shaw actually had a significant interest in the technology, and staged a little show so they could carry off the device to their own waiting vehicle. While the Shaw employees were arrested for vandalism, nobody seemed to know what could have happened to the Phase Binder. All those who were already bound had to remain so, with no way to return to normal.

Once in Shaw Bioscience's grasp, though, the scientists were at a loss. They were the dog that caught the car they chased, mostly because they heard rumors that other parties were interested and thought they should be first at something, for once.

So, like any scientists might, they started experimenting. Because they actually did break the machine on their little stunt, there was plenty of concern that the machine might not be very stable, and the alignment machine to put things in place before the phase bind event had broken as well, so while that was in repair, they started small: people and animals. Could two people be bound together, like at the hips? Merged completely with an alternating phase so their minds connected? Could they make literal werewolves, or actual centaur beings? They didn't know, but they were absolutely going to find out in their own horrific way.

What sort of experiments are they considering first?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)