More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by derekcolson derekcolson

You have 2 choices:

Set your stuff up before your roommate arrives.

Meeting the New Roommate

You know there isn't anything you can do about it so you just go about setting up your room before your new roommate arrives. You arrange your things throughout the drawers and cabinets, not even filling half of them (since you don't have all that much stuff to put in it), and you make sure to keep one desk clear. You don't have much in the way of posters or paintings, so the walls are still rather barren, but the rest of the room looks half lived in.

The next few days go by rather uneventfully, but your get more tense waiting for your roommate. It takes all your willpower not to go to the Dorm Leader after all and beg for news or the ability to change the rules. All you can do is be patient and hope what he does his best for you in choosing a suitable roommate.

It's the fourth day since you got here when you hear a knock on your door in the early afternoon. You get up, putting your class books aside, and open the door. Outside you see a large group of mixed students surrounding the Dorm Leader, who smiles at you. He steps just inside to face you with a smiling face.

"Hey there John ." He says in a jovial mood before lowering his voice so just you can hear it. "I think you're gonna like this."

You stand there as he turns back to face the others and waves to someone. "Dan, I would like to introduce you to your new roommate," Then in the lower voice again, "At least for the time being," And then raises the voice back up. "Natalie, up front here."

Out of the crowd he pulls a beautiful young woman with sandy-blond hair and a smile on her face. She steps past him and gives you a little wave and smile. "Hi there, I'm Natalie. That how I ended up here." She looks around at the room as you just stand there and blink wordlessly.

Turning back to you she speaks again. "Anyway, I guess we should be friends since we are going to be roommates and all."

The Dorm Leader nods to you and then speaks the Natalie. "At least until your paperwork is filed. Don't forget about that so we can get this cleared up. Otherwise you are staying here all year."

She nods to him, but says nothing. He turns back to you and winks. "Enjoy." Comes in that soft tone once more, before turning back to the others and speaking up. "Now we have to go across the hall folks. This way." He points past them and closes the door behind himself, leaving the two of you alone.

You try to get the stupid smile off your face before turning to face her again, but it's hard since this not something you would have ever of dreamed of happening outside of a letter to Penthouse. You at least manage to make the smile smaller and less sleazy when you next face her and are able to speak.

"So, what happened to get you in here instead of one of the girl's rooms in the dorm?"

She chuckles softly and explains. "You see, I pretty much just go by Natalie, and tend to sign all my papers with it as well. This has lead to a number of times where people have mistaken me for man, at least on paper. This time it seems the clerical error made it all the way through all the housing steps and ended up with me here."

"Really?" You say, honestly surprised. "And they aren't fixing it?"

"Well, the DL says I just need to file the paperwork to correct it on Monday and they should have it rectified soon enough. That is if I bother to file. Let's see how things work out first. I'd hate to give up a decent roommate situation for a potentially disastrous unknown one."

You try to keep your glee at the idea to yourself and simply say, "That makes sense." You quickly try to figure out what to do next so she doesn't think you are just going to stand there and stare at her beauty. After a moments thought you...

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)