More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by AlexandraS90 AlexandraS90

Time to suit up.

Selina heads to the roof.

As Selina made it to the roof of the building, she couldn't help but lean against the hand rail and cast an eye out over her city.

In the twelve months since Scarecrow and the Arkham Knight's attack, since Bruce Wayne had been unmasked as the Batman, the city had returned to a tenuous normality. People went about their lives, but when the sun went down, anyone honest usually high-tailed it home. While some of the Bat's protege's still defended Gotham's streets, all of the villains Wayne had put away in his final night on the job were back out.

Well, almost all of them. Edward "The Riddler" Nygma had been found dead in Blackgate Penitentery one morning. Crazy bastard had had a mishap, putting down one his little shock-trap loaded trophies in a wet shower. To say the citizenry of Gotham, criminal and civilian alike, had rejoiced would be an understatement. Maybe people were just glad to not have their city festooned in eye-popping green question marks every few months, but as far as Selina could recall, even the Joker croaking hadn't been met with as warm a reception.

With the era of the Joker, the Scarecrow, the Knight and his militia well and truly over, the underworld of Gotham had been split into three. Penguin and Two-Face were pretty much running the show these days, just like in Arkham City. But in recent months, a familiar third faction had resurfaced. With the Joker gone, and Harley, much as Selina loved her, not exactly proving to be up to leading a gang, the mafia had returned to Gotham. Sent overseas out of fear of the Bat, news of Bruce's early retirement had brought Carmine "The Roman" Falcone and his family back to US soil.

The GCPD, now under Commissioner Ellen Yin, were doing the best to deal with the rising tide of crime, but it was obvious they were overwhelmed. After all, this was Gotham. Batman had been the only one who could ever wrestle the city into being somewhat civilised.

So to summarise, no Bat, plenty of targets, and a police too busy putting out the fires of several simmering mob wars to even think about coming after her.

"Yeah, I can work with that." Selina smirked, heading over to where she'd stashed her gear.

Unzipping the black duffel bag, Selina made sure it was all there. Yep, there were her bolas and caltrops, her trusty whip.

The suit still fit like a glove. Or like a fishnet body stocking back during her... wilder years. She kept the zipper low, offering a dynamite view of her cleavage. Get 'em dazzled with that, then blind 'em with the razor-like claws embedded in her gloves. Worked every time.

The leather cowl, adorned with cat-like ears went on next. What it lacked in protection, it made up for in allure and sheer style. The earpiece communicator built in didn't exactly hurt, either.

The goggles, two large cat-eye like red lenses went on next, slung over her forehead like a pair of shades. They were something she'd had thrown together based off a plundered WayneTech schematic back in the day. Little did she know... When she put them on, they provided an amplification in vision, let her see through some walls, see electrical systems, alarms, cameras, even the outline of any security officers.

Finally, Selina slipped on a leather choker, a small silver cat pendant hanging from it. she'd had a miniscule camera built-in. Now she could stream video to Holly, who would be back in the apartment providing support.

Fully attired, Selina leapt onto the railing, looking out over Gotham once again. God, it just looked like one big saucer of milk sometimes, she thought.

"Alright Gotham, let's see what you've got for me." Selina purred, leaping off the rooftop.

Where to first?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)