More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by goodson goodson

When does James make his first move?

Saturday Morning

James pulled up into the driveway of Elaine's condo early Saturday morning, enjoying the bright sunlight of the new day as got out of his car and surveyed the quiet suburban neighborhood. She definitely lives in a nice neighborhood, James mused to himself, going around to the back of his car and retrieving his toolbox. At least it's one thing that her no-good ex did for her, he thought as he gathered the miscellaneous tools, thinking back to Elaine's spectacularly failed marriage. He'd never liked his sister-in-law's husband, hadn't liked him from the day they'd met, but even he was surprised at how much a bastard Richard turned out to be in the end. Probably why Elaine still doesn't date, he shrugged as he walked up the flagstone path, knocking gently on the door.

"It's about time, James," Elaine greeted him with an impatient frown as she opened the door.

Or it could be that she's totally unbearable, James amended his thought as he nodded at his sister -in-law, stepping into the cool darkness of her living room. "Morning, Elaine," James greeted his wife's sister with a smile. "Sorry that it took me a while to get here, Georgia wanted to have breakfast together," he explained, hoping that using her sister as an excuse would curb anymore of Elaine's characteristic bitter remarks.

"Fine," Elaine grumped, closing the door behind him and ushering him into the kitchen. "I can wait for running water while you two lovebirds have breakfast together," she muttered low.

Christ, why'd I agree to help her out, James wondered to himself as he followed her through the house, his eyes drifting down his sister-in-law's slender back. Elaine was in incredible shape, having devoted herself to working out and eating right after Richard had left her. Her hard work had definitely paid off and now at 34 she had a body that most teenagers would kill for. Too bad she's such a pain to be around, James thought with a regretful shake of his head, his eyes now fixed on her temptingly rounded hips and shapely rear end. "So what happened to the water?" He asked, hoping to change the subject back to the task at hand.

"I had a new sink installed yesterday and after the plumbers left, I discovered that they fucked something up! There's no water. Anywhere in the house," Elaine fumed angrily. "I called them last night. They told me that they'd have to charge me double their hourly rate for coming out on a Saturday... even if it was to fix their own mistake. So I called you."

Because I work for free, James thought as they stepped into the kitchen. "Okay, I'll take a look and see if I can fix it," he said, setting his toolbox down on the floor and opening up the cabinet beneath the sink.

"Fine, let me know when you're done," Elaine said, turning and leaving the room.

Christ, what a bitch, James thought as he shook his head, his eyes still fixed on Elaine's ass. She does look good in those yoga pants though, he added, before turning his attention back to the water pipes. Poking around under the sink, James quickly finds the issue. "They turned the water main off to install the sink but never turned it back on when they were done," he muttered to himself, cranking the valve two turns and hearing the sound of water rushing through the pipes. "Better go tell Elaine," James thought as he stood up, moving through the house, wondering briefly where his sister-in-law had gone to.

He was just passing the stairs when he heard a faint voice, a deep rumble of words coming from upstairs. Sounds like a man speaking, James thought as he quietly climbed the stairs, listening carefully to try and track down the voice. Nearing the back of the house, James paused outside of Elaine's bedroom, the muffled voice definitely coming through the partially open door. Does she have a man in there? Did she actually find a boyfriend? James wondered, standing there listening for a few seconds before gently nudging the door, letting it swing inwards as he peeked around the door frame.

What does James see?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)