More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by dbzzzzz dbzzzzz

You are...

Sam, a male freshman

Sam had heard all about this place. It was one of the great education institutions in the world, producing world leaders, CEOs, scientist, people who changed the world. But it did so by challenging its students at every turn. And by having them challenge each other. And when you put a bunch of 18 to 22 year old boys and girls in a place and have them challenge each other, the outcome tends to be rather risqué. And the college is fine with that. In fact, in many ways, it was encouraged If these are the stakes that brings out competition, so be it. Everyone is over 18, after all.

Sam soon discovered how newbies were inducted into the system slowly. On his first day moving into the dorms, the Sunday before the start of classes, he was surprised to find the room right opposite him was occupied by a cute girl. Slim and cute, with nerdy glasses, she was wearing a simple black top and some jeans. The cutest girl next door you would ever find. She gave him a polite smile as he walked by, which he reciprocated. "Rachel" the sign on her door read. God, she already liked her, she was so totally his type.

After he finished moving in all his stuff, he got around to making his bed, and setting things around his room, when he heard someone ringing a gong out in the hallway. He opened his door, to find Rachel also peering outside of her door, to see what the noise was. He now noticed that the entirety of his side of the hallway was guys and the opposite side was girls.

It was an older boy and girl, standing in the middle of the hallway, the girl, a hot blond holding the gong, and a muscular black jock hitting it with a mallet. They look around to check that everyone has in fact come out of their rooms to investigate the sound.

"Good!," yelled out the blonde, "You're all out here. My name is Maxine and this is Josh," she gestured to the senior stud standing next to her, "and we are your RAs for this semester! As you may already know, we RAs are here to support you guys with any problems with living in the dorms, as well as making sure you guys don't trash the place and cause a nuisance."

"However, at Shoubu," Josh said, "We have an additional duty. We teach you about the GAME system. But before that, let's do quick icebreakers with the person opposite you!"

Sam turned to look at Rachel, the cute girl in front of him. She smiled and said, "Howdy neighbour!", which caused Sam to giggle. "Well I'll go first, my name is Sam, I'm majoring in Mathematics and I like playing soccer and video games, though I'm not amazing at either." Rachel giggled. "Not being good at games might cost you here," she said, playfully, "Well, I'm Rachel, a English major and I like reading because I'm boring."

"I don't think reading is boring at all, though I'm sure the reading you do doesn't compare to what I tend to read"

"Well, I don't like to divide up literature like th-"

Gong sounded again.

"Enough icebreaking!" Maxine yelled. "The reason we had you do that was that this is your GAME partner. Since classes don't start for a couple weeks, the schools pairs you up with some sophisticated system!" she put her hand around her mouth and said in a fake whisper, "some think they know your type from your search history and match you accordingly! It's not a coincidence, guys!"

This prompted a lot of glancing and looking away from partners and red faces. It was plain to see that the matching was done well.

"For this first week, you are only allowed to challenge your partner. You must in this first week play 5 GAMEs and each game must have increasing stakes. Failure to complete 5 GAMEs will lead to expulsion. This isn't a suggestion guys!"

"Secondly, I will demonstrate a cool GAME feature called a mass GAME. It's a game with more than 2 people, that can be set up by faculty, or sometimes by students with special permissions. So we will set up a mass GAME right now! Everyone take our your GAME device"

Everyone grabbed their device from their pockets and stared at it. Something popped up. "Mass Game Invite". Sam clicked on it and it took him to a new screen

Mass Game: Floor 8

Rules: Everyone on floor 8 must complete 5 games in the next week. The last game must have the highest stakes. This game is a competition of those "highest stakes"
Win: 1 team with the highest stakes get 1 immunity token. This will allow you to cancel any Shoubu forfeit once in the future
Lose: 2 teams with the tamest stakes must walk slowly through the halls with their hands handcuffed to their teammates. No clothes, facing the side of the opposite sex. Touching is allowed. In the event of ties for winners, they will play an additional GAME, with stakes. In the event of ties of losers, they all do the forfeit

What is next during orientation

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)