More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Nemo of Utopia Nemo of Utopia

Which Clan were you sired into?

Salubri

We are few in number, we childer of Saulot's lineage: for the fangs of the hated Tremere have been thirsty indeed over the centuries since their founding. Once, we were numbered among the 13 great Clans... Now, we are scarcely more than a bloodline: or rather two...

In nights long gone, the clan was decided in twain: one side practiced the path of Obeah, which gives redemption and healing, and they were the Healers: the other used the mirror discipline of Valerian, similar in many ways, but focused on war and attack rather than peace and tranquility. Once upon a time, it is said that there was a third branch, that of the Watchers, but if any have survived into modern times I have never heard of it. (Then again, the Watchers were the clan's spies and assassins: I would be equally surprised if I had heard of such still existing, should they survive...)

When the Tremere enacted their hideous blood magic and stole the powers of Our Antediluvian, Saulot, they knew that the Warrior Caste would not rest until every-last-one of the traitorous freaks was burned to ash, and so, they hunted us to the brink of extinction. The vast majority died, for the Tremere were young, cunning, wise to the ways of the 'modern world' of the time, and had a set of blood magic much more versatile than our own at their disposal.

Only seven of the Healers, each one of the eighth generation, survived the massacres into the modern nights: and the truth of the matter is that none of them have. Eventually, they each grew weary of the world and sired a Childe. They taught the mysteries of Obeah to that Childe and then instructed him or her that the neonate should diablerize the teacher/sire. Thus all the members of the Healer Caste who remain in these final nights are relatively young: and quite unsure of themselves: but blessed with potent Vitae. Their bloodline hangs by a thread, and the Tremere are still hunting them: so each must walk softly else they will be killed...

However, among the Sabbat, (the darker side of Cainite society,) the scattered survivors of the Warrior Caste found allies in their secret war against the hated Tremere. There were less than a handful of them left by the time the Sabbat rose to power, but they were potent from drinking the blood of the Usurpers, and when the Sabbat saw their unrelenting hatred of one of the Camarilla's Central Clans they were quick to welcome them. Those first few Warrior Caste members who joined the Sabbat sired others, who in turn sired more, and so forth. These Nights, among the Sabbat at least, they have almost become a full clan again: but, so long as the vile Tremere still walk and speak among the accepted clans of the Camarilla, they will not accept the mantle of a Clan once more: choosing instead to remain a Bloodline. Among the Sabbat, (only a handful of the greatest members of which know the truth,) all of these Salubri-antitribu are known only as "Furies".

"Which side of the clan are you from?" I hear you asking? Well...

Am I An Antitribu 'Fury', Or One Of The Seven Healers?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)