More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by kingkhan19 kingkhan19

What's next?

Sally, whose Halloween plans got ruined by the weather.

Originally written by Teraton at writing.com

"Oh no...."

Sally, sitting by the window in her living room, was not very happy. She had been happy, yesterday, when she was preparing to go out and celebrate Halloween with her friends. She was worried that morning, when clouds started to roll in over the town. And now, with the rain pouring down, and the weather reports saying that it was only going to get worse, Sally was in complete despair.

Sally loved Halloween; getting to dress up in costume, getting to go around town with her friends, getting free candy. Some people might say that, as an adult, she should have outgrown these things, but that didn't matter to her! She was responsible, eager to try new things and expand her horizons, if a little overenthusiastic at times. Why shouldn't she get to celebrate a holiday how she liked? After all, it was only one night. But, while Sally felt good giving that explanation to people who frowned at her for her festivity, there was little she could say to make the clouds stop raining.

She made an interesting sight, like many people would on Halloween night. The room looked like a normal living room, the weatherman on the TV looked so normal as to be rather boring, but Sally herself was, of course, in costume. She was a fairy that year, not exactly scary but Sally was prone to doing whatever felt right. The green dress was a little short, close to her knees but still above, and it ended under her arms in a tube top. It was a little tight on her curvy frame, but the green looked nice against her light-brown hair. On her back, attached to the dress, was a pair of 'wings' made of a light but sturdy fabric, and she had a pair of accompanying shoes. Every part was glittery, which seemed a little gaudy, but Sally brushed it off. Literally. The glitter got everywhere, so Sally had to keep brushing it off.

Sally had just about given up for the night, not content but resigned to changing back into pj's and curling up in front of the TV, when she saw a pair of headlights blaring through the window as a car pulled into her driveway. It was hard to make out the figures past the lights, and two of them bolted to Sally's front door as soon as the car stopped moving. Sally jumped to her feet and hurried over as someone pounded on the door and her doorbell was pressed over and over again

"Trick-or-treat!"

"Yeah, Happy Halloween! Now let us in already!"

Sally started beaming, even as her guests pushed past her out of the rain. They were both friends of hers; the first, a black girl named Tanya. She was wearing a heavy jacket, but Sally could see a red skirt and red boots underneath, and a blue top with a Supergirl logo on it as she unzipped. Tanya was a smart girl, if a little shy, but she always had Sally's back! They were supposed to go out trick-or-treating, something that Sally had spent a long time convincing her friend to do with her, but this was just fine too!

With her was Amanda, white with dyed red shoulder length hair. She was outgoing, probably even more than Sally, but could go a little far sometimes. And not like Sally could, where she got tunnel vision and got too into something, but in an abrasive, insulting sort of way. Still, she (usually) knew enough to apologize when she really screwed up. Here, she was dressed in a devil costume; a pair of plastic red horns on a headband, a low cut red top and tight red shorts, and black gloves and boots.

Following close behind them was Jennifer, catching up just in time before Sally shut the door. She was Asian, taller than the rest of them and more muscular too; one of her hobbies was spending time at the gym. Her long black hair was pulled into a ponytail, getting wet in the rain, and she went for a very subtle vampire costume. Some might say "lazy" instead of "subtle", given that the costume seemed to just be a pair of fake vampire fangs and an all black outfit, including a shirt with a cartoon bat on the front. But, Jen was a reserved lady, and Sally appreciated even the small effort; she probably wouldn't have bothered at all if it wasn't to make Sally feel better.

"What are you guys doing here?" Sally asked, once everyone was inside and starting to dry off.

"Well, we knew how much you were looking to going out tonight, before it rained," Tanya said.

"So we figured we'd bring Halloween to you, if the weather was going to keep you from Halloween!" Amanda finished.

"It's not like we planned on doing anything without you tonight," Jen added, and only put up a little resistance when Sally went to hug her, and then the rest of them in turn.

"You girls are the greatest!" Sally said, before frowning. "I don't really have anything planned, though..."

"Say no more!" said Amanda, and Sally grinned, eyes widening, as Amanda reached into a bag she had brought and pulled out...

What happens next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)