More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Forcy Forcy

What is the world where this random candidate comes from?

Rules Explained (For New Writers)

Hello there. I hope you have been enjoying the content so far. This is a post that will focus on guiding people that may be interested in writing their own threads for this story through the different rules. After all, one of the reasons I wrote this story was because I wanted to try to create an MC that was in the middle ground between no-name and omnipotent. So, as certain limits are part of the idea I will try to clear some doubts you may have.

Also, this section may be edited from time to time. After all, I am unlikely to think of every possible scenario on the first try and since part of the fun with a premise like this would be to seek creative loopholes around the set limits of the reality-warping powers, there could be valid counter-arguments to the original rules in the future.

Note that the symbol * will be used to highlight the most recent rules that will be added to the list at a given time.

So, with that said, here is the current list of rules:

- Long term effect rules: The MC can't directly use his powers to affect himself alone but any permanent or long term changes made to his biology while including a relative in the wording will remain active even when the MC is away from his family as long as that's consistent with the specific wish. For example: if he gave himself and his sister the ability to instantly regenerate from any wound, and an attempt against him that took place while away from his family, his healing abilities wouldn't be nullified due to that.

- Activation rules: While the MC does need to either mentally phrase his wish or say the wording aloud in order to reshape reality, he does not need to touch them or see them to make that work. In other words, the MC can activate his powers regardless of time and space, as long he is still involving a family member in the wish to some extent.

- *Passive enhancement rules*: The MC's cum will now have the capacity to extend the lifespan of both him/herself and of any relative they have sex with, ranging from weeks to months depending on the amount, to a full year every time they get a relative pregnant. It won't be full-scale immortality, as for that they will need to perform an active wish.

- *Actions that can be taken to gain awareness of the rules*: While the MC can't wish to learn all the rules that dominate the inner workings of his abilities faster way to get learn would be the just have sex with one of their relatives. To clarify, to count as sex for this awareness ability, the cum must enter inside the body if the family member in question one way or another. The more the MC does this, the faster these rules will spring to mind. It is recommended that the MC remains having at least occasional sex with a relative even after learning all the rules because the higher deity that shared the powers may add additional rules later if it starts to get bored again, as is its prerogative. That said, further rules the MC would notice with surprise as it prevents him/her from performing wishes they could do previously won't invalidate older wishes that remained active or influenced certain things earlier.

- Genealogy rules: Due to the inherent nature of this branch of reality-warping, specifying what is meant to by the family tree is important when talking about long-dead relatives. In summary, in order for the MC to be able to resurrect ancestors or alter reality in such a way they could end up in the MC's present, the main character must have access to information that can allow him to trace his ancestry the hard way; without directly influencing his acquisition of said information through his powers. The data can include genealogical records, oral family history, or simply accurate living memory about the identity of his ancestors, and the generation they come from in relation to the MC. As a result, the family reach of the MC would depend a lot depending on who it is and how much does he/she knows. For example, a character like Jon Snow from Game of Thrones would have a LOT more access to accurate genealogical records from both sides of his family, going back for many centuries, than, say, an orphan that was adopted by adults that didn't know his parentage. So, information is key on that front.

- Alterations to the past rules: The MC can't alter the past to the point the domino effects would directly prevent him from gaining his powers on the date the Higher God choose him at random. The same goes for altering reality to the point he would permanently lose his powers since the godly source wants them to be used. The one exception to this rule is if the MC chose to pass on his powers to a member of his family, in effect allowing him/her to become his successor.

- In-laws rules: Regarding the in-laws, for the purposes of this story, the MC can gain power over them as well but not just from the point of marriage. To clarify, while the spouse is immediately considered a part of the MC's family when marriage is finalized, in order for the MC to gain power over the family tree of his spouse, he has to wait for there to be an actual child carrying shared genetics in order to bind their bloodlines together. Note, however, that this would apply not just to the in-laws from the family of the woman/man the MC would marry but would also be the case for the in-laws of the living, married relatives of the MC, regardless of whether they married and connected their family trees with a child before or after the MC gained these powers. Also, divorces or annulments that occur before the MC catches wind of them would sever his direct influence over the in-laws of the divorcee, so it is recommended to manage any outside marriages of the relatives carefully.

- Marriage rules: Given that aside from legal marriages, the most common form of matrimony involves a religious ritual to sanctify the marriage, the MC he could take advantage of his newfound divine status to create and enforce marriage rules in his name. As a result, he could theoretically authorize forms of marriage through his rite that are usually banned in the society he comes from in order to gain access to more family trees from his in-laws. For example, he could make polygamy, incestual (fully, partially or unknowingly by the other party), and LGBT unions acceptable religious marriages in his name.

- *LGBT Unions Rules*: Assuming the MC wants to use his status to marry an LGBT couple to each other instead of to himself polygamously, he wouldn't actually gain direct influence over them as far as his powers are concerned. However, assuming he also previously establishes certain rules through his limited reality-warping powers as the supreme authority in his religion, he could use that partial connection with said LGBT couple that he married to gain access to both their family trees if they were, say, lesbians, and the MC managed to impregnate them both. That is one of the exceptions that allow access to the family tress while skipping the first step of direct control over the spouse since they weren't actually married to the MC, but only if he set up that system with his powers when developing his own marriage rituals.

- Random candidate rules: The MC that gets chosen at random can also be female, regardless of whether or not the chosen branch is from a fandom or a version of Earth not based on pre-established fiction.

- Requirements vs end-result rules: While the MC needs to involve a relative in the sentence he is crafting to make his wish, the desired result, and the effect on the family member need not be connected even if the discrepancies sound outlandish out of context. For example, he could wish that his sister gaining weak superpowers during a winter solstice would result in a magical race of beings mightier than she would start worshiping the MC as a god. In other words, necessary familial involvement aside, the MC gets more if he phrases it properly.

- Reincarnation rules: If the MC were to know for sure that the soul of a member of his family tree was reincarnated into another family tree that shares no bloodline or marriage union with them, then that reborn relative becomes the exception to the rule when it comes to remaining under the direct influence of the MC. However, that doesn't involve the rest of the family tree of his new flesh & blood. So, if the MC is also seeking direct influence over a member of the other family tree that now shares blood with his reborn relative, he would have to arrange an incestual marriage between them somehow or find a loophole within his powers that allows him to work around the other rules.

- Adoption rules: Like with reincarnation, formally adopting someone into the family that doesn't share a bloodline with the MC would bring said person directly under the MC's control but it also only applies to the adoptee, not their surviving blood relatives, baring loopholes.

- Sperm donor rules: If the MC wants to impregnate, say, both his sister and her wife, then the MC would need to ensure his sister adopts the children the MC had with her wife in order to gain direct control over them. That's one exception where adoption does bring the rest of the wife's family into the MC's direct influence because aside from being legally brought into the family, the offsprings also share a bloodline with the wife and the MC.

And that's the gist of it for now. If you have any doubts or counter-arguments, feel free to leave a comment down below. Happy reading and may the Plot Bunnies Be With You.

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)