More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Gfoxx2 Gfoxx2

Who's getting in the booth, and who's popping the changes into the touchscreen?

Roy, prepare yourself for the adventure of a lifetime

"Precisely, my good assistant!" Sam replied. "I must say, I certainly am happy to see some enthusiasm for my scientific endeavors for a change!"

Roy snorted. "Oh yeah, I'm just bursting with excitement," he remarked as he opened the door to step in the machine. The interior of the machine, unsurprisingly, looked exactly like an old phone booth with sheet metal stuck to the walls. Roy hastily shifted himself into the center of the booth, to keep any part of him from touching the walls. A second later, Sam slammed the door shut with a dramatic clang, and Roy was plunged into total darkness.

"Now, it is imperative you try not to move too much as the process shunts you into the pocket dimension," Sam continued, oblivious to any sarcasm as he shouted through the door, "so as to not cause any temporal shifts that may interfere with my inputs."

Roy was beginning to feel a little more uncertain about the whole process. While he doubted that the machine would work, he nonetheless couldn't help but fear all the possible ways it could go horribly wrong.

"I'll let you know ahead of time," Sam continued, "that the only inputs I'm setting are to enhance your size and height. You always did complain about not making the six foot mark, after all."

"Uh... 'kaaaay." Roy had to admit, he had bemoaned his less than stellar height to Sam before. After all, he was around five foot nine, an entire inch below the national average! Those six foot plus jerks had all the luck.

"Inputs set!" Sam shouted. "ENGAGE!"

As soon as he said that, Roy began to seriously regret his decision to step into this junkyard deathtrap. Within moments, there was a cacophony of sound, of humming and whirs, as a soft white light began to engulf his body. And, seeing as there were no lights in the booth, that was more than a little disconcerting. The light burned brighter and brighter until Roy was to shut his eyes, his building fear freezing him in place, his terrified scream caught in his throat.

And then, it was gone. The light, that is, as the machine continued to make a buzzing noise, though it was getting quieter by the second. Roy stumbled backwards awkwardly, grabbing onto the rail instinctively, as he opened his eyes and regarded the elevator sized room he was in.

Wait, something wasn't right. He looked at the painted yellow safety railing. He looked at the shining silver-colored elevator doors. He looked at the fact he was suddenly wearing a skintight jumpsuit that clung to his chiseled abs.

...

WHAT THE FUCK?!

And before he could even begin to understand just what had taken place, the elevator doors before him opened. On the other side was not a basement, but some sort of underground laboratory the size of a garage. Rows of computer banks stood there, gleaming touch-pad screens reflecting light off of their faces, alongside tables full of engineering tools and electronic equipment. And standing in the center there, holding a tablet, was familiar face. A red-headed, freckled young man, wearing thick glasses, dressed in a lab coat over comfortable clothes. Roy looked down at him, as his heroic frame towered over the relatively short scientist.

Sam smiled, glanced down at his tablet, and then back up at Roy. "So, do you feel any different?"

So does he?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)