More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Plushie Sai Plushie Sai

Who finds the MAU?

Robert, Untrained electrical enthusiast.

It's been 4 months since Robert purchased the pile of breadboards from that shady yard sale. He needed more to make and test some new PC peripherals he had been planning. Looking at the boards, they had all the electric components still plugged into them and what appeared to be functional notes written on the back of key boards.

Each board had looked to have an inventory of parts written in chicken scratch. When noticing this he saw the missing parts amounted to a control tablet, wireless connectors, and some data storage. It even looked like he might even be able to rebuild whatever the device was.

He managed to strike a deal with the guy running the yard sale seeing as whatever the device was, had already missing some high-dollar parts. As he was planning to reuse the boards. He took the lot of the boards home and started tinkering. Wiring the entire mess up, he noticed some redundant circuits and took note of the electronics he could replace by programming virtual copies of the circuits.

One month in he had managed to trace the electronics and make digital copies of all the boards. In his second month he managed to secure replacement parts to match the original circuits. Month three he had created a base level PC driver and was starting to get an idea what the machine was for. Having actually seen an article about it, he was convinced this might have been the "portable" MAU.

It was a bit too clunky yet to be called portable, but it could be easily moved from location to location. If tests worked out, he might be able to turn it into a hand held version if not making it a smartphone app by running all the electronic through simulated circuits.

Now in month 4 he was ready to test the setup. He even secured test subjects from an ant colony in the backyard. Testing from another room was probably a good idea as he didn't want to end up like Jeff Goldblum, from the fly.

5 ants in a glass were placed in his makeshift chamber and he left the room with his smartphone. Feeling a bit hungry, he decided to turn the ants into chickens. Operating the machine from the other side of the house, he pressed the start button.

What's for Dinner?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)