More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by everyoneKtoA everyoneKtoA

A yellow taxi stopped by the last street over in a small few Urban blocks...

Rachel and Sarah

A yellow taxi stopped by the last street over in a small few Urban blocks, releasing two of it's carriers as they strapped their bags and walked into the city. Golden Hills was a legendary town renowned for it's magical potential to create new lives, in more ways than one. New families, jobs, businesses and success could all be found here, and anyone who had the chance and fair opportunity would rush there to try to take advantage of all it's offerings. Such was the case of Sarah McKelly, 21 and her younger friend Rachel Melendez, 19 who were running away from their past and previous lives to find a new one here.

Sarah, an intelligent but downtrodden young women herself had excellent grades and capabilities back at her hometown, but given her deadbeat mother and poor family, there was little she could to with her life. Her confidence was brought into question innumerable times, but all fear and anxiety she'd put to rest now and move forward with herself. Because luckily she had applied at the Golden Hill's school for Higher Street Arts, which was a fanciful way of saying it was just a Liberal Arts college, yet one that made her very happy and excited for the prospects of her future when she was admitted. She could be a secretary or even lawyer, a nurse or doctor, she could find success in innumerable ways with some luck and hard work. She even told herself if she was in such a position, she'd gladly be Rachel's manager in good time. With dark brown hair,fair skin and a moderate figure, she was an able bodied women with a new start on life. As she walked along the streets carrying her pink backpack and suitcases, she just warmed up at the thought of embracing a new life. But little did she know that dream was about to be more literal than she would ever imagine.

Her friend Rachel was also trying to start a new lease on life. A bit ditzier and more girly than Sarah, she was her companion since childhood and always wanted to light up the world. With what little brightness she had, she was perky as a porcupine, bubbly and cheerful as one could be, lively as a bee and the thought of singing or acting, or making people happy just lit her up like a Christmas tree. However she wasn't the brightest, or at least didn't have the kind of maturation and experience Sarah did, but she did have amble bosoms and an attractive figure. Blond with freckled, olive skin and yet a pretty face, she was certainly a looker. She could have been a cheerleader or popular socialite at her old highschool, but her dimwitted yet kindly nature prevented her from being so. Especially in light of some of other vicious groups, and her own dysfunctional families leanings against her focusing on any such dribble. They similarly considered her dreams childish and base, and with her slagging grades it was all the reason for her to emancipate herself (With her BFFs savvy help) and go off with Sarah to start a new life.

Who knew what the future held in store, she could re-attend school here again, or look for a job, maybe even become a singer or actress like she dreamed! These things were some of the rosiest thoughts to come across her mind, but soon enough they'd be dashed for what would come of this town.

The two girls walked a short bit to their apartment, looked up at it, the restaurant connected to it that they'd be working out, the park and shops right down the street, and took in the sight of the town. With only a swift look at each other, they smiled and squealed, hugging each other and ready to start their new life. If only they knew what sort of things were in store for them.

Sarah opened the doorway to their new apartment, a splendid building connected to rows of others and the shop they'd be working at on the corner of the block. She gleamed happily as she walked in, Rachel following close behind her. The place had wide open spaces and 5 rooms to spare across two floors, 2 that would serve as their bedrooms and the other 3 for whatever other purposes they could surmise, along with a large spaced den at the center on ground floor. A handful of small closets, bathrooms, were present as well as a connected small upstairs patio where they could lounge about or look outwards was offered to them.

"This is so amazing! I cannot believe we actually got a whole place like this to ourselves!" Sarah exclaimed, checking every nook and cranny of the place.

"It really is isn't it? It's so cute. At least it is compared to that waste of space that was our homes." Rachel agreed, feeling up a marble column with ribbons in the center of the main room. The den was empty and vacant spare the two girls, column, a white leather couch slanted diagonal to a corner of the room, and the stairs which were situated along another.

"Just think of all the sweet parties we can host here!" Rachel's voice had a slight echo in the airy room. "Ooooh we can decorate this place out, fill it with furniture, maybe get a coffee table for us chicas!"

"It is really nice." Sarah said feeling the timber of the pastel pink walls and felt texture of the carpet under her meaty soles. "But don't forget, we're not just here to party, we've got to work too! I'll have my first classes starting tomorrow, and my cousin who set me up here expects us to work the night shift at that cafe next door starting tonight. We get paid under the table, but our tab over this place is covered, no rent asked!"

"Really? That's amazing Sarah!" Rachel said, hugging Sarah with her supple squishy breast against her friends smaller ones. Sarah nodded, comforting Rachel back.

"Yes, it's great isn't it? Like a dream come true, our lives will be provided for now. We can start fresh from here, get jobs, go through school, date who we want or go where we want! No ones going to yell at us or hold us down now, this is just us now! And we're in this together." Sarah told her friend confidently.

Rachel nodded her head smiling, and gave her a small wink. "And we couldn't have done it without you. I'm so lucky to have a BFF like you, what would a featherbrained like me do otherwise?"

"Oh stop it, you're a great and wonderful young women too! I'm so glad I did this with my best friend, we're going to be so happy together living here." Sarah reassured her.

They both laughed and cheered it out, and laid back on the couch basking it all in. Taking a deep airy breath, Sarah got up and checked her watch. 4:31, they had to start their shift at her cousin's cafe at about 10:30 so they had 6 hours to spare. Enough time to get something to eat and check out the city, maybe look for new furniture and shopping places while they're at it.

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)