More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by bbc4lwg bbc4lwg

Who tells you about this planned outrage?

Rachel, a classmate

Rachel is a shy Jewish girl from your Civics class, seems nice enough but the two of you run in very different circles. Tonight you are staying over at her place trying to finish an assignment after the two of you switched partners a few times and end up together at the last minute.

The class was assigned to prepare presentations on 'social ethics' and yours is "Interracial Dating". Despite the change in partners this topic has been yours since the beginning, much to your frustration. The teacher Mr. Longoko is a black man and you are convinced he is trying to teach you a lesson.

First he paired you up with Jamal, he seemed weird but maybe just because he was black and kind of tubby and you are the prettiest, most popular girl in school. You are used to guys being in awe of you, and at first you thought he was just introverted and probably intimidated. At your first meeting about the project, Jamal told you he was a 'filmmaker' and started filming you, explaining that he would make a documentary about you. At first you didn't mind but you asked him why, and he said for the project.

"What does a documentary about me have to do with interracial dating?" you asked, confused. "I don't date black guys." Then you realized he intended to change that. "Oh, like me and... you?" you laughed. Whatever gets the project done, he shrugged and told you with a tone you didn't like. So you tattled to the teacher, saying Jamal was using the project to try and trick you into 'going black'. Mr. Longoko told you he would switch partners because another couple were also having problems, but that you would keep the topic and had better take it seriously.

Your new partner was Samir, a tall, lean refugee from Africa with charcoal skin and a permanent sneer. They say he is a victim of his homeland but you've seen him staring at you before and are terrified of what he could do to you. You started working on the project by yourself right away, listing pro- and con- reasons for interracial dating and hoping you wouldn't have to meet Samir somewhere alone. You got a text asking about your home address. He confirmed it was Samir and demanded 'lets hook up now'. You were shaking and decided to ignore him, and barely slept that night imagining a black arm coming through your window to grab you.

The next day Mr. Longoko told you that Rachel would work with you instead. You thanked him, saying you didn't really want to work with a black guy on 'Interracial Dating'. He just shook his head, and told you your grade depended on your performance.

Meeting with Rachel, at first you suggest the weak effort you put in while waiting for Samir to come find you, but she says you will need to do much more. She explains that Jamal and Samir are now working together on her old project: "Reparations", what white people owe black people for their historical grievances and continued mistreatment. Jamal is still making his movie about Ellie going black, whether you want it or not... and you wonder if Samir and even Mr. Longoko have a role to play in your defilement

How do you react? Maybe Rachel has an idea?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)