More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by FornicationStation FornicationStation

Who was waiting for me at the lab?

Violet needs a lab rat

When I got to the lab, Violet was waiting in her office. I only managed to be 15 minutes late, so it wasn't that big of a deal. Plus, it's not like Violet would care. When I found her, she was lost in her work, busily mixing various chemicals and writing things down in her notebook.

Violet was an interesting person, to say the least. She was 25 years old, tall with auburn hair, and striking green eyes. She was a wearing a lab coat that covered a well-toned body, and her breasts were quite big, at least a DD cup. Her hair was tied back in a messy pony tail, and she hadn't bothered to wear makeup today. The thing about Violet was that she didn't seem to care what other people thought of her. As far as I know, she's never had any significant others, and I don't think that fact bothers her.

Conversations with her aren't so much us talking to each other, but her talking at me. She's very exact and seems quite cold, although I suspect that that may be because of zero social skill rather than malice or arrogance. There's been multiple days were she's shown up to work without wearing a bra, and I have to constantly remind her to wear gloves when she's doing lab work. That being said, she's an absolute genius when it comes to pharmacology. How she manages to remember the exact chemical composition of any and its interactions with other is far beyond my ability.

"Hey Violet!" I called out to her.

Violet looked up briefly, met my eyes, and then went back to her work. Typical interaction, really. Honestly, it was a bit surprising to get her to look up. She must want something.

Violet set aside a beaker filled with a strange pink liquid. I had never seen it before in the lab, although I never know what she's working on. She never shares her secrets with others, and honestly I don't think any of the rest of us could keep up with her. She placed the beaker in front of me. "Drink," she instructed.

Now, strange pink liquids in unsanitary lab equipment isn't quite what you want to quench a thirst. "I'm sorry?" I responded.

She explained plainly. "I'm working on a new , and I need to test its side effects. So drink."

"Um," I paused, trying not to think of the many ethical violations we were breaking. "Isn't that what the mice are for?"

She cocked her head to the side. "Yes, but I've done it with rats. Now I need a human to try." Human, she called me. As if she were something separate.

Violet was always making strange requests like this, but this one took the cake. Other members of the lab have worked with her, and faced sudden memory loss, or one girl glowed in the dark for a while. But, when she wrote her paper, she co-authored them in high-ranking journals. That's why no one ever turned her down. Working with her could make your career.

I exhaled. I had yet to be published in anything nationally accredited. "Fine, Violet. Will you at least tell me the name of the ?"

Violet's expression didn't change, but she replied, "Thank you, Christy." Which surprised me, because I didn't think she remembered my name. "I have named the ..."

What is she getting me to drink?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)