Midnight Train

Midnight Train

A couple on a midnight train

Chapter 1 by Philsc32 Philsc32

"Couldn't we have taken an earlier train?" I asked my husband, Will. "This was the earliest train to Chicago, Jess" he replied. I wasn't thrilled about this trip anyway. Going to my In-law's for Christmas, they don't care for me, and are not shy about it, I was far from thrilled.

The line onto the train was taking forever, how long could it really take to check tickets? My legs were getting cold from the winter air. Will looks me up and down, "I told you to wear warmer clothes" he says looking at my skirt, and heels. "I'm wearing a coat" I reply. He glares at me, "You know what I'm talking about"

Finally, after what felt like a half hour, but realistically was only 5 minutes or so, we got to the front of the line, the conductor, a decent looking guy, looked about 27 or so, brown eyes, and short brown hair, checked our tickets, told us which way to our seats and we boarded.

We found our seats, and waited for them to check the rest of the passengers. I flipped threw a magazine as they checked the last of the passengers and the train slowly pulled out of the station.

As I finished with my magazine, I looked over, and noticed Will was asleep already. "Great" I thought "Now how am I going to stay entertained?"

Now how am I going to stay entertained?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)