More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by edg1827 edg1827

How fucked are you?

Pretty fucked, as it turns out.

You can't move, that's a given. You have enough water for the rest of the day, but that was it. You'd planned to get off the mountain that day, and refill at a river. You know that the mountain paths you're travelling can be pretty deserted, especially during the summer, when the narrow pathways can feel like an oven when the sun is overhead, an oven you'll be stuck in. With minimal supplies, and a low chance of rescue, thing seem grim. You begin to ponder your resources, and remember: the monster girls! They're supposed to live around here. Maybe they can help you. Realizing your only hope in this situation, you begin to call out

"Help me! Please, help! I'm trapped, and I can't move!" Your words echo through the walls of the canyon, failing to find friendly ears, or falling on deaf ones. You continue to call out, your voice becoming hoarse. You soothe your throat with your remaining water, realizing you had even less than you thought with this new use draining it. You begin calling out less frequently, trying to save your throat. Mercifully, the sun begins to set, the temperature around you dropping. You call out a few more times, hoping to attract a monster girl on her way home. Unfortunately, no one comes to your rescue. Trying to ignore the pain in your leg, you drift off to sleep.

You wake up, already feeling a touch of heat in the air. You dread the coming day. You've heard of other couriers collapsing in the heat without water in a matter of hours, some even dying. The heat grows, and sweat begins to pour from your body. You cry out desperately, trying to attract anyone to rescue you. The sun begins to creep overhead, and you begin to feel weak. The weakness grows, and spreads through your body, as you begin to feel nauseous.

You yell angrily "I know you're out there! Are you just going to leave me to die?" You collapse backwards, the exertion of yelling almost too much for you to bear at this point. You wonder if this is the end, cursing your rash behavior. It had gotten you into trouble plenty of times before, but never more than a bar fight, or a minor delay to a delivery. This time though, it's done you in it seems. The world begins to swim and, eventually, fade to black.

You feel what seems to be a pillow under your head. There are pillows in ? You try to sit up, but can't find the strength. If you can't see the afterlife sitting up, you guess you'll just have to do it lying down. You open your eyes, and see a figure...

Who is the figure?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)