More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by vinaren vinaren

In which kingdom did this story happen?

Pars

Author's note: Sorry for fans of Arslan Senki. I know Arslan is a nice guy, but an image I found (the cover of this story) inspires me too much.

I promise that he will, at the very least, have the bliss of ignorance.


Arslan sighed. In the last five years, he has fought countless battles but never felt this tired.

Five years ago, Lusitania invaded Pars and defeated Pars' army. His father was captured and he was to flee. The Lusitanians captured Pars' capital and ravaged it.

After many hardships, he gathered an army and successfully drove the Lusitanian army away, but then Pars fell into a civil war. Ultimately, he managed to defeat his father and his cousin, and became the new Shah.

He never had a girlfriend, so he felt extremely awkward about the idea of marrying a wife.

It's quite convenient that there were a lot of problems at hand, so he had reasons to stay out of that topic.


Narsus, the Royal Court Artist who happened to be the First Minister as well, walked along the hallway while frowning. He noticed his king's unwillingness, so he didn't press further. But the problem wouldn't solve itself. He had to do something...

After thinking, he summoned his most trusted servant:

"Elam, I need you to do a secret mission."

"Master Narsus, what do you want me to do?"

"Find Lady Farangis and tell her that there is something I want to discuss with her. Bring her to my office, but don't let anyone spot you two."


On the wall of the castle, two generals were walking. One was a young man clad in black armor, the other was an old man who only had one eye left.

The black armor general suddenly spoke: "Marzban Kubard, are you sure you don't want to go with me?"

"Nah, I'm just an old geezer now. I'll become a load on the battlefield. This is the time when I should retire and enjoy wine in my sweet home."

"You're too modest. I'm sure you can still defeat 1000 cavalries on your own."

"Daryun, you should learn to accept the fact that not everyone has the power and fierceness of a tiger like you."

Both men laughed, then Kubard patted Daryun's shoulder: "Don't worry, just focus your mind on crushing these Turanians. I promise I'll keep His Majesty safe."

"That makes me feel relieved."

At the gate, Daryun jumped on his horse and began to march along with his army. Kubard looked until they disappeared at the horizon, then turned his back:

"Shouldn't let my bottle wait any longer... Who's there?!"

He didn't see anyone, but he could feel that something was watching him from the shadow.

Then a figure walked out of the darkness. Saying "walk" might not be precise, since it didn't walk on legs but moved like a floating ghost. It was bandaged from top to toe, and Kubard felt that these bandages were moving.

The old general drew out his broad sword and slashed towards it. However, his sword passed through the figure as if it were smoke. The figure issued a hissing sound and grabbed Kubard's face. Then his consciousness fell into the dark.

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)