More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 4 by JTMac450 JTMac450

How goes the next round

Pair of kings

Yep, you saw that correctly, that was a pair of Kings you had in your hand. You did your best to keep your cool and not reveal this fact to your opponents but... well you weren't exactly a pro poker player. As the cards are dealt out, your heart skips a beat as you see ANOTHER king! And there are no pairs of cards either, you have the best possible hand! Ok, stay calm, there's no need to panic, just... play.

Tali is first up this round. The Quarian takes a bit to play before finally shrugging. "Keelah... well you can't say I tried to **** my face mask." She lowers he hand towards herself, indicating she is staying. It was clear she was only doing this to purposely lose, and it didn't go unwelcomed.

Ahsoka was next, who gave a quick "Thank you, Tali." Before putting her hand down, also staying in. It did make you a bit nervous how quickly you saw her decide to stay, but still, you had the best hand.

It was then that Lucifer decided to give a really, REALLY smug grin, before staying in. It was... really unnerving, to say the least. I mean, this WAS the ruler of the underworld after all so, that was to be expected, but... man it was throwing you off your game. Were you... missing something? Did you read the cards wrong?!

Kara doesn't seem to notice the look, simply staying in. Though... you doubt she has anything good from her tone, you aren't sure WHY she stayed in even with how unnerved she sounded. Honestly, though, you wish she spent more time deciding though, cause now it's down to you!

Uhhh... what do you do?!

"Hurry it up there!" Lucifer's barked complaint snaps you out of your thoughts.

Ahsoka quickly comes to your defense. "Calm down, no one want's to deal with a hostile person."

Lucifer merely scoffed. "I don't plan to be here all night damn you!"

Tali immediately snaps back. "Quit being a Boshtet!"

Lucifer Growls, but that's it. Reluctantly, you decide to stay.

Tali is the first to flip her cards, revealing only an Ace high. You suppose that makes sense, given that she wanted to lose her mask. Kara reveals she had 2 pairs, 10s and Jacks. Not bad, but not enough to beat you. Swallowing hard you reveal your 3 kings. There is a few Oohs, and Ahsoka shakes her head with a smile as she reveals a pair of Queens herself. But it's all down to Lucifer who still has a smile on her face.

As she places her cards down she says confidently "Flush." You slump upon hearing her words.

"Wait a minute!" Reacts Tali. "No, you don't!"

Lucifer turns to her sharply. "Yes I do, look! 5 Spades!"

Kara cuts in this time. "That's a club!"

Lucifer looks again, more carefully, before giving a quick scream of frustration before sitting down.

Whelp, that was lucky.

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)