More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Diggitydog6 Diggitydog6

Enslave, rule, or destroy. You choose, after all, an Overlord listens to himself only. I will not be writing anything besides the introduction. This story is meant to give the readers the chance to create their fantasy, not read my fantasy.

Overlord Tythis

Aaron Night stood over the shattered remains of his prison. Years of imprisonment had degraded his physical prowess; thus his physical appearance coincided with his physical prowess. Looking more of a husk, not that he had good looks before he was sealed away. Neither the less he could supplement some of his physical shortcomings with magic; he did have an abundance of it. Aaron Night paced about the room; pondering on the numerous schemes to enact. Conquest was on his mind, though he also had some grudges to settle; though neither of them would be settled without his armies. In his past he had recruited of many races to aid in his conquest; goblins and orcs were common, though he was able to recruit the elven at times. A rare occurrence but not impossible, that being said it had been many years that have passed and many things could have changed. If memory served him right, most of his forces would have fled back to known monster controlled territory far within the south of the lands that he once tried to conquer.

The only allies he would possibly have were the Dragon and their kin. Now Dragons were finicky creatures, depending on the individual; some preferred conquest, gold, woman, and the carnage that followed; others were even spirited and even enjoyed aiding the other races. Along with the Dragons came the Kobolds; dumb as rock and stupidly loyal; these disposable creatures follow their Dragon overlords gleefully. That or he could ask for the elves to assist; though they were more prone to aiding the other races. Sometimes the Humans would push the boundaries between the two races causing friction between the two. It was a long shot, the last time he was able to persuade the elves was when the trade had peaked. Night shrugged, either way he was screwed if the elves kept to their obligation and if he met up with the wrong Dragon. Though he couldn’t stay here, the area of where he was sealed; last time he checked, this was the castle of the Humans that he stood under. Night casted concealment of both presence, sound, and sight. Becoming invisible to all but the most experienced of creatures.

Night walked out of the chamber, out of the castle; with little to no resistance. Taking a ride in some blokes' wagon he travels south, towards his territory. As he looked about, he saw the countryside; unravaged by war, fields growing bountiful yields and numerous villages that weren’t on fire. Now Night could have easily teleported back to his base, though in his mind as an overlord; one had to understand the fine detail of the world. It was a duty as an overlord as a commander to study to understand the situation on the ground so that he could give better judgment on the orders that he gave out. Numerous days had passed and numerous times he had switched carts; he finally reached the last known boundaries of where the Monster Domain rests. Night gripped his chest, anger radiated from him; the town had fallen to the normal races. Elves walked upon these grounds; for many generations this place had been the bulwark against the normal races advancing into his territory. He kept moving south, through the territory of the Dragons.

The Dragons preferred to be stationed near the border of both sides; it made it much more easier to raid or even choose to protect those lesser of them. Despite Dragons finding the central part of the lands to be poor terrain; flatlands with consistent warm days, rainstorms that happen with frequency, and the lack of suitable mountains for them to roost. All of this made it so easy for them to lose their horades or have the elements corrode their possession; yet despite it all generally a good amount of dragons still preferred to come settle the central lands. Whether out of pure greed or dynastic selflessness or to be a prick or even a bit of all; Night has heard it all. Yet, there was little activity, no dragons within the air; no Dragons’ underlings marching in great columns to raid the normal races. It was silent, too silent. Night knew that Dragons did hibernate when it was time to grow, however it was nigh impossible to get all the dragons to hibernate at once. Dread filled his decrypted body; had the humans really gained more than a foot hold within his territory?, had they even gotten as far as to wipe out his entire army?. Night hadn’t thought of it, he had subordinates to handle his forces while he was gone; though no army was safe from politics and the corruption that came with it. To think that he would lose so much territory to a hypothetical point to where defeat was on the brink of realization, it never crossed his mind.

Night continued south, still concealed by magic, as he continued to trek; Night reconsigned signs of life. Adventurers: a loose coalition of bands of people, ranging in quality and quantity; they were the first to encounter his forces, the first to fight back. Honestly they did more damage than the organized armies of the normal races. Here many waltzing about the area, doing what he could only assume as monster subjugation or monster preparation. Both a good sign and worrying, good in that if there are adventures then there must be something to oppose them, bad as in that they were in his territory. Night chose a random group of Adventures heading into the jungle-like forest, hoping to be led to an ally. It took a good while, however, as the party continued to walk about searching for God-knows-what; Night caught a bit of rustling within the thicket. Night moved closer to look at what was possibly spying on the Adventures. Shifting the grass to reveal the figures; two kobold, small creatures, both shriek back as the cover was magically shifting to reveal them. Now these two kobolds looked scrawny, even with their small stature; what little clothing/armor they had loosely fitted them. Their skin clung to their bones as well as dark circles about the eyes. It seemed either they were hiding away or, dare he believe it, ready to ambush those adventures. Now it wasn’t unheard of kobolds setting ambushes, though as far as he had experienced; these ambushes were usually undertaken by a fair number of ‘em, ten, twenty, somewhere in between, never two.

Night had to act, unconcealing himself before the quivering kobolds. Releasing his presence to the kobolds, both kobolds sensed his immense power; quickly groveling before him. “Oh, Gweat Mwaster! Kobalt surrendered!” “Yes yes, praise later take me to your leader now.” Night spoke swiftly as he kept an eye over his shoulder. “Yes Mwaster! We take you to the Bass.” The kobolds turn about, facing where presumably where the Boss lay. More trekking ensued, with Night concealing his mana essence; avoiding the numerous Adventuring parties that crossed their path. Night had to do his best to keep not only himself but the kobolds as they were, again dumb as rocks. They weren’t terrible at hiding, however the Adventures had gained experience to counter the simple hiding tactics of the kobolds. Passing by these patrols and entering a much more dense part of the forest; the group finally reaches a small clearing. Covered with a lot of foliage, multiple kobolds pop-out of the foliage ready to defend the place. Night once again leaked a bit of his mana essence; the kobold immediately realized that there was no need to pick a fight or maybe they were too scared. Either way he was let through, still being led by the two; they led him through a small crevice in the ground, well hidden by the foliage.

Heading down the narrow crevice, Small chamber, relative to an adult dragon, connected to the crevice. Within the chamber was a small pile of gold, a poultry amount given the size of the hordes of many of the Dragons he had met before. There on the pile of gold rests a relatively small dragon, relative to all that he’d seen. It was a four legged Dragon with a slender body reminiscent of some dogs. Its head looked like that of a normal Dragon; what this one lacked was the mighty wings of those that came before this one. That being said the wings were a feathery set. “Gweat Bass, mwighty being want audio-hence.” One of the kobolds stepped forward, bowing before the smaller Dragon. At a closer inspection the Dragon looked feminine. “Ahh, this little shit. Why do you bring the enemy before me!” She snarled at the kobolds. “Little welp, your tongue, -*Draconic tongue*- Nasil CrooRk Uoohk Coohk *Clean your tongue*. Pull back in shock, the Dragon looked quite shocked; staring more at the kobolds with a WTF look. “Um… I… Me is an adult, not a child.” Confusion could be heard from her voice “*Draconic tongue*- Tourbar Kobalt MR nott NurN *I am aware of such facts*. “How dose a lowly human know of my kind.” Angered by her words, a dark glint gleaned from Night eyes. “My time, you do not waste -*Draconic tongue*- Nasil HaruH *Submit*.” A dark essence seeped into the room emanating from Night, the kobolds being weak of mind scramble out escaping the dark presence; the Dragon barely stood her ground, her posture changed to that of groveling. Sniffling could be heard from the Dragon as her head was planted to the ground. Night extended his hand out, channeling the magic through it. “I command thee, welp, be my servant or suffer my rage.” “Yes yes I submit.” A dark magic slithered onto the Dragon wrapping about her body; shackles formed around her wrists, a collar formed around her neck, a muzzle formed around her jaw, all while chains connected them together. “Now, if I may get your name.” The Dragon gawked at him, scared at what might happen seeing as the muzzle prevented her from replying. “Hmph, yes Silence, I like that name very much.” “Mrph, um mrr?” Silence struggled to speak through her muzzle. “Now, I need a ride as well as my new subordinates to return to the castle.” snapping his finger, momentarily removing the muzzle. “Um, all kobolds are to leave the area and find another Dragon's horde!” Despite the two being alone within the chamber, Night had no patience to wait for the kobolds to rally and orderly disperse; he pulled on the chains, forcing Silence to leave her place for the outside. Mounting her like a stead Night ordered her to travel to his castle.

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)