More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Spaceman Spaceman

What does Kendra do?

Option 2. Drive over to the bookstore and try to relieve some of the stress.

As Kendra drove to the bookstore she cried a little bit. She had thought once she came to college all this would be behind her. But it didn’t happen and she felt awful. Would she ever escape this never ending nightmare? Yes she’d move onto the workforce but there would always be that pain in her heart that she could never fix. Wiping away the tears away from her eyes she pulled into the shopping center. Pulling into a parking space she saw there were only a few people inside her favorite bookstore in town Jack’s Books.

The bookstore was a popular college hangout for the students. Some went there to find their school books cheaper but a majority of the students bought books that were not on the reading list. Kendra walked into the bookstore, on her left was the cashier Frank who was helping a customer in line. To her right was a small stair case leading to the second floor of the store. On the bottom floor right in front of her were multiple shelves of genres. Kendra not wanting to head to her usual section of science fiction headed upstairs towards the non fiction floor. There were multiple shelves up on this level and no one was up on the floor.

Kendra began to browse the Christian section but was trying to find something to help her with her problem specifically. Eventually after looking for an hour she found on the bottom shelf a book titled “Angels&Demons- Spells for daily life” The title caught her eye and she opened its contents. She was surprised to find that the contents were labeled by emotion she quickly went to a section titled “Depression”. Flipping through the pages the chapter then laid out more specific areas. One was labeled “” and she then decided without reading the rest she should buy the book.

Walking downstairs and heading towards the counter, Frank was reading a black book. “Anything good Frank?” Kendra said as she placed her book on the counter “It’s good, I just wish that the author wouldn’t have pages of detail.” He then turned the book towards her , he said “On Basilisk Station”. “Yeah I keep wanting to read Weber’s books.” She said as Frank put her book in the bag. “It’s good though, if you like explosions then its for you.” He told her. Kendra then walked out of the bookstore. As she walked out to the parking lot she saw a bodyshop a few lots down.

Does Kendra take her car to the bodyshop or go home?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)