More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by brevdravis brevdravis

Who are you? Were you alone or with a Group

Open The Outer Door (Choose If you are a Male with Military Experience)

You take a deep breath, listening carefully. You find yourself slipping into old familiar patterns of awareness, as you take position beside the door. You hold the pistol at a low ready. You don't expect anybody to be out there, but that's no reason to get sloppy.

"Set..." you mumble to yourself, your hand lingering on the deadbolt.

One more deep breath, and you burst through the door, scanning the area. The scent of rotting and burning meat still lingers, but you pay it little heed as you cross the room, taking position on the opposite wall. You scan carefully for movement, or anything else you might need to react to.

Nothing.

"..clear..." you whisper to yourself. It doesn't help the nerves much, but the old familiar routine is somewhat calming. Without moving, you take in the shredded remains of the basement.

Your back of the envelope calculations were that nearly everybody would be dead... You hadn't planned on them destroying everything when they went.

You feel the urge to yell or scream with frustration. If this is just the first room, there's no telling how bad it got out there before...

Your thoughts are interrupted by a scream. You're not sure exactly where it came from, but the voice was definitely feminine. However, with the echoes in the mall, you're not certain exactly which direction it came from.

What's Your Plan, Sgt. Smith?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)