More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by fortunateunfriendly fortunateunfriendly

Continued.

On the phone with Robert.

"So, yeah, that was pretty much how my day went... how about you?" Robert asks.

You're on the phone with Robert for your late afternoon phonecall. You and him have made a habit of talking on the phone at least once or twice a day, most usually after you've gotten out of class and he's gotten off work. Robert got a job doing data entry at a call center back home. Not the most glamorous of jobs, but the pay is decent, and he'll be able to save up enough money to move upstate to be with you that much quicker. Really, you admire his dedication - call center jobs suck.

"Oh, you know, the usual. I was sorta late for my 8:30 class, Dr. Lugo is starting to get kinda pissed at me. I really need to stop staying up so late. Then I went to Intro to Theater at 10. They're gonna be holding auditions for freshman plays next week so I've got some lines I need to memorize for that. Then just my afternoon classes... pretty boring, really. I can't wait to be done with biology, that shit is so super boring, and I never was good at science anyway. Uhm... and I guess now I'm back in my room, talking with you." You cast a glance over your shoulder towards the door. Your roommate Claire should be back any minute.

"Cool, sounds like things are going well. Hows... what's-her-name? Carol?"

"Claire. She's good, I guess." You glance over your shoulder again, as though Claire might be lurking in the shadows listening in on your call. "We get along okay. She doesn't really talk much, which I guess is fine. She's... sorta weird. Keeps to herself. She's in the room a lot, though, which can get annoying. It's really hard to find a spot to have some privacy around here."

"Well, hey, it won't be too much longer before I'll have enough to move up there and we can get our own place, yeah? It'll be really nice! I'll find a job up there and you can get your degree and... it'll be really good."

"I know, babe, I can't wait!" You hear Claire's key slide into the lock. "Okay, uhm, I should probably go. I need to get cleaned up and go get dinner. I'll text you later okay? Love you babe."

The door swings open and Claire steps into the shared room, tossing her book bag on her bed. She's tall and a bit lanky, with long black hair done up with bangs. She's always got kind of a goth look going on, with her pale skin and dark clothes. She seems to love purple, too. She's wearing a black t-shirt and black skirt, with dark purple leggings and black Converse sneakers. A pretty cute outfit, but you're not really into the whole 'goth' thing.

"Hey." You offer up, sliding out of your desk chair. Claire mumbles a greeting and flops onto her bed, stretching her legs out and absentmindedly flipping through her phone. Whatever.

Your shared dorm room is pretty spartan. It's a small room, hardly the size of your bedroom back home. It came with two standard double beds, their frames built to allow them to be stacked into bunk beds as well as separate units. You and Claire decided bunk beds weren't really the way to go, so you've got them separate. A long desk is built into the wall on the far side of your dorm room, two somewhat dingy desk chairs tucked beneath it. There's also a full length mirror mounted on the wall, which you step in front of to make sure you're presentable enough to step out.

You run your fingers through your long strawberry blonde hair, flipping it over your shoulder. You absolutely love your hair, it's easy to work with and always seems to look perfect no matter what you do with it. You like to joke that it's the source of all your powers.

You're a petite girl at 5' 3", certainly on the slender side, with a slight suntan on your otherwise pale Irish-American skin. Your cheeks and nose sport a faint dusting of freckles, which gives you a bit of a precocious tomboy vibe. You still wear glasses, black-rimmed rectangular frames that were trendy a few years ago. You still like them, though. They definitely suit you.

You turn a bit, getting a brief glimpse of yourself in profile. You were never the curviest or shapeliest girl around, but your breasts are decently shaped. Firm and high on your chest, they're a solid 36C - not that anyone besides you has seen them. The most you and Robert ever got up to was some making out and heavy petting, nothing under the shirt though. There are times these days you regret not going further with him when you had the chance. But that's for another time.

You're wearing a pretty basic outfit, a maroon-colored sweatshirt on top of a white tee, with jeans and dark grey Timberlands. It looks good on you, though.

Flipping your hair around once more you grab your keys and your purse off your desk and step out of your dorm room without so much as a word spoken to Claire.

Where to?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)