More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Fever Dreamer Fever Dreamer

Where does the worm land?

On the floor

Stacy heard the sound of something slimy hit the floor and jerked up into a sitting position. The worm had landed on the floor at her feet and was thrown across the floor when her kick connected. It hit the wall, seemingly unharmed from the impact and began to wriggle towards her again with terrifying speed.

Stacy leapt to her feet, backing up against the kitchen counter and hauling herself up, the wriggling thing missing her toes by inches. To her horror. she saw it press itself against the counter cabinet's doors and slowly crawl its way up the vertical surface. Stacy looked left and right for a weapon, and grabbed a saucepan from the drying rack.

Her first swing missed, the thing dropping as though sensing the attack. She flung the pot as it squirmed away at speed, under the table, out of the kitchen and into the living room.

"Shit!"

Stacy's blood ran cold as she heard a growl from the next room. She jumped down from the counter, grabbed the pot again and went after it, doubling her speed when the growl suddenly turned into a pained yelp.

"Alistair! Get away from it!"

She rounded the corner to the living room, skidding to a halt on the carpet to find the German Shepherd hunched and whimpering in one corner. When Stacy got close, he hunched over himself as though wounded.

Stacy was about to pick him up when the doorbell rang and, making her look up at the clock.

Shit! It was midday already and she'd forgotten she was having a visitor.

She went up to the front door and yelled, "Is that you?"

"Of course it's me. Your voice is shaking, are you okay?"

"I'm fine," Stacy said, trying to get a grip on herself. "I'm unlocking the door, but I've still got to get changed. Don’t touch Alistair! Something’s bitten him! Can you let yourself in?"

"Sure," the person outside said, and Stacy bolted to her room as the door clicked open.

Who is it?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)