More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by dawan dawan

What College does Sara go to?

Oakendale University

Note: While I'm using this college name from my story Best Party Ever, this version of the school is different.

Oakendale is a mid sized private university in the large City of Oakendale. The School was founded over 125 years ago as a teacher's college but now offers many undergraduate degrees and has a few Masters programs. Oakendale requires most students live in on campus dorms for their first and second year. Sara is not an exception and has a roommate named Chrissy (Cristeea Marie Overhill). Chrissy comes from a rich family and while required to have a dorm room assigned, she doesn't plan to spend any time in Agatha Theodora Edgehousen Hall. Ms. Edgehousen (edge-house-in) was an old shriveled up hag when she donated money for the hall to be built around the time the University was founded. Originally the four story building housed all of the college except for the boys dorm and the Gymnasium.

Today it is the only non coed dorm on the campus. When the school was founded as the Oakendale School for Teachers it was outside of town by two miles. The founders, through great intelligence or dumb luck, put it in the middle of a one square mile tract. Today the old dormitory building is held in mixed nostalgia. While it is the oldest building on campus by about 70 years, it is getting to be unusable. One of its faults is that it has only two large community bath/shower rooms per floor. Most of the residents are there because it was the last thing available. A few of the girls chose to live there as their mom, grandmother, or great-grandmother (in a few cases all of the aforementioned) also attended Oakendale and lived in the dorm. The dorm is a quarter mile from the nearest food service cafeteria.

This brings one of the few advantages, most of the girls stay fit and don't gain their freshmen 25 (the 25 pounds many girls gain in their first year of college). Except for the Kennedy Administration Center and Roosevelt Hall, most of the buildings surrounding the A.T.E. are modern but built to look like they were constructed 100 years ago. Roosevelt hall was built after World War II and named for both Presidents, although neither had any effect on the college or attended it. It is a tasteful example of post war time construction. The Kennedy building was built in the mid seventies and is an eyesore. Named for, but no relation to the former U.S. President, it is connected by a 200 foot long slightly inclined tunnel to the sub basement of the Roosevelt. This area is known as the Campus Heights as the A.T.E., Roosevelt, Kennedy, and smaller department building sit on raised ground. There is an open space for about two hundred yards in all directions from the Heights.

As was mentioned the university is on a large piece of land. Its northern border is the city limits. To the east and west are subdivisions. Where there used to be farms, there isnow a mall and commercial strip to the south. There are many chain restaurants and motels on the strip. In the 1970's many alumni bought some of the land in the city limits on the northern border and donated it to the University. The current size of the campus is 730 acres. The late additional real estate insures that city utilities are available to the whole university. Most of the campus is on the northern edge and almost half of the campus is still untouched woods and meadows with some marshland and small ponds from when the school was first founded.

What is Sara's Status?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)