More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by Geo Geo

What rule will Mary try to break?

Number Five, The forbidden rafters

Mary thought that it was really weird on how the rafters were forbidden, like what's up there that she can't see from looking up from the stage? The way the place is built, is designed to only have the operating balcony of the stage visible, and the only way up is through it's own rooms, which lead up to separate rooms for storage and stage effects such as lighting. Could it be that they're hiding something in those rooms?

She made her way through the corridor towards the stage, where the door to the rafters would be, and watching the workers milling about. The stagehands would normally be bustling about and trying to do their task with their neutral expressions and their wide eyes, but right now it was eerily quiet. The bosom blondes all seem to stop what they were doing and turn to stare the moment she approached the door that leads to the rafter staircase. For a moment it gave Mary pause, looking at them as if they might all at once gang up on her in a synchronised frenzy. But she swallowed the lump in her throat and reached for the handle, keeping an eye on a group that was now fidgeting with spools of electrical wire. If Mary was properly paying attention to them, she would've noticed them subtly shaking their heads and breathing out warnings from barely-parted lips.

Mary clasped the rather ornate door handle and turns it. But, as she was about to push it open, the handle wrenches from her grip as the door flings open on it's own with a loud bang. Mary is startled by this, expecting to see somebody behind it, but all that was inside was a shadowy room and a single helix staircase. She looks around to see if anybody noticed the sound, but the workers seem to have vanished from sight. How odd, she thinks.

She moves onwards with cautious steps, both because she couldn't find the light switch, and out of nervousness that something weird's happening here. She makes her way up the metal stairs, clanking sounding out the way up from her flats meeting each step up. when she enters up to the room, Mary swears she can hear the downstairs door close quietly, clicking lightly back into place. Must've been someone walking by, wondering why it was left open, Mary considers.

Mary makes her way up to the perfectly smooth wooden floors of the upstairs room.

And she finds...

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)