More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by SimpleWriter SimpleWriter

Do you go to the bar?

Not tonight, you've got work tomorrow

"Sorry Bill, I've got to prepare for a meeting tomorrow."

"Yeah, I know exactly what kind of 'preparation' you're doing. Come on, come out and meet some girls!"

You go back and forth with him for a minute, but soon he accepts that you're not in the mood. After hanging up, you spend another couple minutes on the dating website, then pull out your notes and prepare for tomorrow's meeting.


The next day, the meeting goes fine, but you have to concentrate. It's not that your presentation is difficult or important, it's that Annie is there. She's sitting on the left side of the conference table, smiling very politely, probably not even aware of how angry she makes you.

When you first met Annie, the first impression she made was how extremely pretty she is. Long, jet black hair, a sweet, constant smile, and cute glasses that frame her perfect face make her stand out in the office.

After talking to her, your second impression was how nice she was. She has a very calm demeanor, and she always seems bright and friendly to be around.

Within a week, your third impression was that she was a treacherous back stabber. A client had messed something up, but refused to admit fault, getting you in a lot of trouble at work. Annie had taken the client's side on absolutely everything, making you look really bad. You lost any chance at a promotion you really wanted. Was she just doing what she thought was right, or did she have no loyalty to fellow employees at all? It felt like she had done it just to screw you over.

As soon as the meeting is over, Annie is the first one to come up to you.

"Great presentation, John!" she says with a sincere smile. "I think that went really well!"

What happens next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)