More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Closer11 Closer11

The End!

Not really! ( Female)

You wake up screaming, the memories of the night before flooding your mind. You remember the party and how you fell before going . You open your eyes and see it is nighttime. A cool wind blows over your exposed arms and legs but you still feel hot. You sit up straight in what seems to be a very basic camp. You have no idea where you are but the small campfire indicates you're not alone. That thought is confirmed when from the bushes to the side of you a man appears. The dim light of the campfire makes it hard to distinguish many features but he looks very tall from where you are sitting.

"It's good to see you are awake. We... I worried you wouldn't wake up again." he says and kneels down next to you. "How are you feeling?" As the adrenaline of waking up leaves, it's replaced with a terrible pain in the back of your head. You flinch and bite your lip. "Not... great." you say. He puts a hand on your shoulder. "The others should arrive soon. They went to investigate the beach. I worry about them, they have been gone for the entire day now." His voice is low and welcoming.

You try to look at his face, but it just worsens the pain. "How many others are there?" You ask him. "Four, with one other female." he responds. You hardly dare to ask him. "What about the others?" He shakes his head. "We're not sure, but we fear the worst." The silence between the two of you is deafening and lasts for longer than you would have liked.

In the end the silence is broken by the sound of rustling leafs and quiet voices. The small group enters the clearing and they all seem happy or relieved to see you awake. The first one to speak up is the other female survivor. "I'm so glad to see you have made it. The next few days we'll need every pair of hands we have. My name is Samantha and I'm the leader of the group for the time being." she says. She turns her attention to the guy who first greeted you. "Stefan, we have good news and bad news. The bad news is that we managed to strand ourselves on an island." she says, "The good news is that we found a dock, so the island might be inhabited." While Stefan's voice was warm and nice, Samantha voice is more coarse and her tone is condescending.

You expect Stefan to be happy but if he is he certainly doesn't sound like it. "Just a dock? What good is a dock without a boat? And why would the inhabants of this island build a dock if they don't have a boat?" You're taken aback by his sudden outburst, but he isn't finished yet. "Did you even look to see if there were indeed inhabitants?" he adds. One of the men behind Samantha takes a step forward. He is tall and has a dark skin tone. "Shut it Stefan. That's not how you talk to your leader. You damn well know we had to get back to the camp before night time." The tension between the two grows as the two silently stare at each other. In the end Stefan gives and looks away. "Maybe you're right, Rashid, but that doesn't make it the greatest find ever."

Rashid nods at Stefan and then looks towards Samantha. "Maybe we should introduce ourself. My name is Rashid." he says. He looks a bit like Terry Crews from this angle, and in the dim light the fire provides. He then motions to the two men behind him. "And these two are Arturo and Jack." Arturo is Carlos' brother and is the only one in the group you know and recognise. "Are you going to give us your name or do we keep calling you Sleeping Beauty?" Samantha roughly interrupts. "Oh... sorry. My name is Ariel." you stutter. "Well, then we weren't even that far off with Sleeping Beauty!" she says, laughing at her own joke. She was really getting on your nerves.

"You should rest some more. Tomorrow we'll search for clean water. We can't live on wine alone forever." Stefan says. Samantha gives him a mean look. "Let's go to bed. Tomorrow will be an important day." she says, like it was her idea. You are too tired to be mad about it and you fall asleep almost instantly.

-- Sanity Score Explained --

How well each character is doing is shown on the right side of your screen and is represented by a Sanity Score. A character's Sanity Score is determined by a combination of their physical and mental health. A character's physical health drops when they don't have enough food or water and injuries they may have. A character's mental health is determined by their faith in a succesful escape from the island and the amount of "attention" they receive (wink wink).

When a character's sanity score drops below 25% they go insane, resulting in their or someone else's . So make sure that doesn't happen.

Good luck!

The next morning

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)