More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by cariadferch-usa cariadferch-usa

Who is your blind date?

No one, it gets canceled.

Taking a deep breath and putting on your best reserved smile you open the door.

A small, well dressed, old Hispanic woman with a cane looks up at you. Both of you stare at each other for a moment, clearly not expecting the other. Finally, with a kind grandmotherly smile she asks, “Buenas tardes. ¿Es este el apartamento de la familia Rodríguez? Busco a Diego.”

“Um.” You stutter still a bit surprised and confused while trying to remember your college Spanish. “No.” You shake your head as you recall there's a Rodríguez family living on the floor above you. Pointing to the ceiling you say in a loud, slow and very Anglo voice, “Arribo pisa, arribo pisa.”

“Gracias.” She nods appreciating the help while ignoring the terrible Spanish.

Making sure the old lady is safe, you watch her walk quite spryly back to the elevator. Unfortunately, no handsome, well built man, in a military uniform comes out of the lift as she enters.

Your disappointed sigh is interrupted by the ring tone on your smartphone. It's your friend Teri with even more bad news. Your date for the evening, a Chris Stenson, has canceled; something about an emergency at work. Teri tries to assure you he is a great guy, while apologizing profusely about dashing your expectations. Telling her it's no big deal, and not to worry, you promise to give her a call tomorrow.

With the call ended you kick off your heels in a huff, more than a bit frustrated at the prospect of spending another evening alone.

How do you work off your frustrations?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)