More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by robyna robyna

Does he get his promotion

No, he gets fired

Pricilla Goodman stood as he entered her cubicle and gestured him to a small table. "Coffee, Rick?"

"I'm good."

She clutched a purple folder with his name on it in front of her ample chest. "Okay, let's get to this, then."

Rick couldn't say he hadn't noticed Pricilla around. She was a few years younger than he, with long black hair, a curvy figure she showed off with suit jackets that didn't seem to have anything underneath them, and legs that had caused more than one collision in the corporate hallways when coworkers had been so busy watching her they hadn't bothered watching what was in front of them. But he'd been too busy putting together the advertising and marketing programs for the release of his company, Bio-Enhance DNA's latest product to actually spend any time with her. Then again, Rick had gone into marketing because he was better with planned communications than with spontaneous conversation.

"How can I help you, Ms. Goodman?"

"Ah, well..." She reached for a coffee mug, realized it was empty, and put it down quickly. "The company is looking for a change. Some fresh ideas. A new approach."

"Yeah?" Companies always wanted change and fresh ideas. But why was some H.R. flunky telling him this instead of his boss?

"Look, I think you'll find that this package is very fair. You'll get two weeks severance plus a week for every year you've worked here and--"

"Severance. You're firing me?" It felt like some evil God had reached down and squeezed Rick's chest. "But my campaign--"

"Yes, your contribution to the company's recent campaign is appreciated. But, as I said, the company is looking for something fresh. In addition to the severance pay, you'll receive our standard outplacement package with resume assistance and a job placement library." She passed over the folder, leaning forward to give him a good look at her ample cleavage, as if a quick glance at a pair of covered tits, however nice, was ample compensation for losing his job. "The company does ask that you sign this standard release form. Once you do that, we'll cut you a check for your severance."

"This is bullshit. I want to talk to Dan Hughes."

"Mr. Hughes is at an executive retreat and won't be available."

It didn't take any particular genius to hear that Hughes would continue to be unavailable after he returned from his retreat.

Should he sign the paperwork?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)