More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Katsudon Katsudon

Is your sleep disturbed?

No, but something is amiss

It is already the afternoon when I wake up. A sense of loss creeps up on me as I realized I have almost wasted half of my weekend doing nothing. I spend another half an hour lazying around on the bed before finally deciding to get something done. As I am getting out of bed, my stomatch grumbles reminding me to take care of it before anything else. Well, I guess some burgers won't hurt on a saturday(I have had a fair share of instant ramen during the week). I put on some random cloth and opened my apartment door. It feels oddly quiet, I also see my neighbor Jeffrey's door open, humm thats wierd he is an retired police officer and is not the kind that are forgetful enough to leave his door open. But anyways I am not the kind to pray on other people's business.

I walked down stairs toward the local market next block. The streets are almost completely empty, I can only see a few figures in the distance. Kinda strange but nothing I would worry about, but this thought quickly changed as I enter the grocery store. The whole store seems ransacked with shelf toppled and items scattered everywhere. I could see a human figure with store uniform standing near the counter so I approached and asked:"Hey, whats going on here? Robbery?" I can only hear incoherent mummble from him so patted him on the shoulder,"You ok? Should I call the police or the ambulence?" His whole body suddenly jerked and turned around. I was petrified from the horrendous scene, half of his face is gone, replaced by a bloody mess of mangled flesh and bones. I freezed for a second as my brain kicked into hyperdrive to analyze the situation. But before I can understand the situation the man let out a horrifying roar and reach out to grab me with his arms. My fight or flight reflex kicks in, I quickly ducked to avoid the grab and ran like no tommorrow back to my apartment. It only felt like 2 mins before I am back in my apartment and start shoving drawers to block the door.

Were you pursued?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)