More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by MarcusD MarcusD

Is the voyage uneventful?

New York selling

The days and nights passed without incident. The children were bad mannered toward the young Irish girl, the stewards and ship's officers made it clear she was not welcome in the world of First Class privilege, and Mrs. Ingram barely tolerated her. Nothing the girl did was right for her employer.

As she lay in her bed at night she could overhear Mr. and Mrs. Ingram argue after they returned from dancing and dinner. Molly was sure Mr. Ingram was drinking heavily.

Mrs. Ingram was unhappy with her husband's choice of a nanny for her children. "If you have to drag me and the children away from London to the wilderness, at least you can provide a proper English companion for the children. I will not have them tended to by a dirty Irish tramp!"

After eight days of sailing the boat docked in New York City. Molly was awestruck by the activity and building. She rode with the children and the Ingram’s to their hotel. The suite was larger than Molly's home in Ireland.

Mr. Ingram left as soon as the family was settled. Molly played with Susan and read to the boys. Mrs. Ingram was aloof and quiet.

After nearly two hours, Mr. Ingram returned with a bookish man and a middle-aged woman. Mrs. Ingram spoke quietly with the woman for a time and, turning to her husband, smiled and nodded.

"Molly, come with me!" Mr. Ingram's voice was cold and angry.

Molly followed the man out of the hotel. They sat silent in a carriage as it made its way through the crowded streets. Molly could see that they had entered a darker, less desirable section of the city.

"Wait here!" Mr. Ingram ordered the carriage driver. "Come quickly!" He almost pulled Molly from the carriage.

They entered a dark tavern. Mr. Ingram spoke privately to the bartender who motioned them to the back of the tavern. Entering a small room that obviously served as an office, Molly saw a well-dressed man and a tarty woman sitting and drinking.

"I understand you are looking for new talent..." Mr. Ingram spoke directly to the man. "Horace Turner told me you might be interested in my property."

The man stood, looked over Molly from head to toe, and moved close to her. "You understand, sir, I must inspect the merchandise."

"Are you a virgin, girl?" The man reached out and stroked Molly's face.

Molly was speechless.

"We'll have to inspect, won't we Sadie!"

How will they inspect?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)