More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Stormrunner Stormrunner

Where do you visit, and who are you?

Ms. Ashina Dilwar, Citizen of India

Ms. Ashina Dilnar, Citizen of India

The telegram in her hand shook as she read the message again and again, "He was dead" there was no denying that as tears filled her eyes. She sank back into her bed ignoring the persistent knocks on her door, "Just leave me alone Papa" she screamed, burying herself into her pillow and cried to sleep.

It all started after the great revolt of 1857, what started off as a riot quickly sparked into a revolt that spread through the entire nation and even though the East India Company managed to get it back into control, Germany, considering India's wealth decided to lend a helping hand. With promises that Germany and India would be partners rather than the master/ relationship she had with England, quickly swayed the leaders to accept the help. With the aid, the Indians were able to drive away the English, French and Portuguese away from her soil with heavy casualities on both sides.

Tensions rose between the European countries, but Germany stood strong with her ally, India who supported the father land blindly through out the war, greatly depleting her own resources in order to pay back her debt.

Now, however, with the talks about new free use laws in order to raise back the population didn't go well with the conservative leaders and the fatherland, for more soldiers conceded, "Citizens of India, especially women were not obligated to serve anyone unless they wished and if , the act would be treated as " The announcement did what was intended and India shipped 50,000 soldiers to the front line.

This was where Ashina's life changed, before the war started she had the perfect life, the daughter of a rich merchant, best education taught by professors from England and she blossomed into a beautiful, smart young woman. She actively took part in the protest against the passing of the free use law and was the first in line to cheer as the Fuhrer arrived in New Delhi to sign the new agreement.

It was during the protest, she met Suraj, the geeky professor of History at the local college, something sparked between them the moment their eyes met and before she knew it, she was already introducing him to her parents. Initially met with some hostility, she soon obtained her parents blessings for the wedding and with the free use law being revoked, it was the best period of her life.

The ceremony was beautiful and later that night he took the virginity and made her scream out his name. The honeymoon period lasted for 3 weeks and then the official order arrived:

"Every able bodied man should enlist in the military selection and should he be deemed fit, they will be awarded the highest honor, fighting in the front lines for the Fuhrer"

Without a choice, Suraj enlisted unwillingly, confident that he could fake the tests, but things started to go downhill from then and Suraj was assigned to Project X-54. A new program developed by the brains at Berlinstadt, use India's massive population to overwhelm the RAF with cheaply made aircrafts.

Ashina spent the entire last week with her husband, not to show her grief. She bade him a tearful goodbye promising that she would write to him everyday, he just nodded, already knowing his fate, he cast one last look at his beautiful wife as the station master blew the whistle. Ashina stood at the platform looking into her husband's face till he was just a dot in the bright landscape.

She spent the next few months at her new job, teaching physics at a high school but never forgetting to write a letter every night. She had moved back to her father's place for the yearly village feast when the telegram arrived. As she woke up, wiping away her tears, her grief turned to anger, "I'll make them pay" she whispered to herself as she started packing a suitcase, "My clothes won't do, I'll have to buy them there" rummaging through her wardrobe she found the outfit she was looking for, "What the Dames wear" her uncle had said when he gifted her this on her her 18th birthday. It was going to be a tight fit especially since she filled out during the past 6 years, "It will have to do".

Dressed in her new festive clothes and armed when the suitcase containing a single pair of dress, a few books and other necessities, she exited her room.

"Papa, I'm leaving" she said calmly looking into his eyes, "I may not come back and nothing you say will hold me back". Her father froze for a second, searching her face and seeing the determination he nodded and stepped aside. A bit shocked, she calmly started walking to the door, "I'm sorry, my dear", her father said, staring into the wall, "But if you are going to do what I think you are, be careful, the world of men is dangerous and dangerous still for you do not know their strange ways, I give you my blessings".

Ashina pushed past the door, her eyes swimming with tears, "I know what they will do" her mind kept repeating. She took a taxi to Delhi international Airport and bought a ticket to Switzerland, it was a neutral country where she could easily get a new identity and then travel to her destination, "I'm going to destroy them" she whispers under her breath as she greets the woman at counter, "A ticket to Switzerland, first class" she said smiling sweetly.

Imgur

( All my research involved a brief glance at wikipedia, I apologise for any errors both cultural or grammatical. The model is Shraddha Kapoor, I found the image on Google, it was the first one that popped when I searched for Bollywood actresses )

Where's the destination? Diesel City or Berlinstadt

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)