More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2

Which parent do you want to follow?

Mrs Sharlene Bella Clearway

"So, tell me a bit about yourself, won-cha-dear?" The senior sales associate says as she escorts Sharlene through the upper floor of the facility.

"Well, I'm 28, widowed, have three children, Rhonda, Casey, and little Kendra, and I basically came here to get them toys..." Sharlene says, a tiny bit confused.

"That's what a lot of our mothers say dear." The senior sales associate replies, holding open a door.

"What about you, how did you end up working here?" Sharlene asks.

"Well, I grew up in Wisconsin, on a dairy farm, but when my parents died I was only 18 and couldn't manage the farm on my own don-cha-know, so I had to sell and moved out here to get away from the memories. I made a lot of money from the sale and invested it, so I don't actually NEED the work ya-understand, but I took the job to keep busy, and lordy-me did it sure do that!" The Senior Sales Associate gabbles as they walk through several featureless gray hallways with mirror tiled floors and finally come to a door marked 'Exam 1'. "In ya go dear, this will only take about half an hour, and you can watch your kids while we run the tests."

Inside is what looks like a fully equipped hospital diagnostic bay, including a CAT scan machine and MRI, plus a few more Sharlene cant put name to. "Don't worry about all the mechanics dear, they're the first thing your testing, and I am happy to say we have had no trouble at all with them so far!" Her guide declares. "However I will have to ask you to fully disrobe and remove all electronics and metal objects from your person before we start running the tests. Don't worry, you will get it all back when we are done."

"UM, OK..." Sharlene declares, finally getting a look at her guides name tag: 'S.S.A. Margret Hofstadter.' "Have you ever been in these machines Margret?" Sharlene asks as she takes off all of her clothes and jewelry.

"Oh, heaven's sake yes, I was one of the people they used to calibrate them dear." Margret replies.

About 30 minutes of intensive full body scans follow, while watching her children on overhead monitors, at the end of which Margret smiles and hands Sharlene her clothes and the i-Watch, but not her jewelry or shoes. "Those will be put in a little tray and sent out to the exit room, you can pick them up when you are done." She explains and hand's Sharlene a clip board. "You also should fill out this form dear."

"What's it for?" Sharlene asks puzzled.

"Permission to share the information from the scans with your doctor dear." Margret explains.

Reading it over and seeing no harm Sharlene does so, and then they move on to the next product testing area.

What's the next product?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)