More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by SummerGirl SummerGirl

Continue

Monday's Choice Chapter

Chapter 2 - Monday (Choice)

Luckily the sneaker store has a simple dress code: clean sneakers, jeans that show the sneakers off, and any black top you want. I'm putting on my clean Air Jordans, white, and pairing them with a high rise ripped light-blue cuffed jeans and a simple black crop top, that doesn't show a whole lot of skin because my jeans are high rise.

When I arrive, only David is there, a charming and tall black man, with an inviting smile. We've always been on friendly terms, and on more than one occassion flirted a little, if our manager Samantha wasn't around. It seemed to be one of those rare days.

"Heya," I say to him. "Samantha didn't come in?"

"Nope," he replies with a grin. "She went home sick the absolute second I arrived, so it's just you and me."

"Haha. Well, she's one person I won't miss, so I won't mind not saying goodbye to her."

"This is your last shift?"

"Yeah."

"Ever?"

I laugh a little. "Yeah, my last shift ever. I'm moving across the country in a week."

"Shiiiit..."

I don't know entirely know what he means with this comment, but when our eyes meet, I know I can see a shimmer of regret in his eyes. We never really hung out after work - sometimes we tried to, but every time one of us would already have plans. But between that and our occassional flirting, I can't say that I don't have a bit of regret myself that nothing ever happened between the two of us.

I log into the register, and our shift begins. Between a group of high schoolers, a couple of kids with their mum, and some regulars that come in every couple of days to talk about the upcoming collections and all, it was a pretty busy shift. David and I share a few looks every now and then, whenever a customer is being annoying. There's something mysterious about his looks, a bit mischievous. It's those kind of looks that you know is flirty without having to say anything. I can't help but flirt back just as wordlessly. Halfway through the shift, he throws a wink my way, and the annoying customer around me suddenly feels quite insignificant.

The stream of customers died down a few hours before closing time.

"Is there a game or something?"

"Yes, football," David answers. "It's gonna be quiet until close."

Because Samantha isn't there, we take that as a cue to sit down in the centre of the store.

"What are you gonna miss most?" David asks me.

"You, of course," I say playfully.

He laughs. "I can't believe after all these years nothing ever happened between us."

I turn a little to look right at him, meeting his eye. "Do you think it's too late?" I ask.

Before he can answer, the door of the store opens, and a girl comes in, asking for help. The rest of the shift is full of tension between me and David. I already start on a few closing routines, to speed up the actual closing at the end of our shift, while he helps the girl. Every time David got the chance, he looked at me.

Monday's Choice

  • No further chapters
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)