More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Spindizzy Spindizzy

Try it or forget about it?

Melinda notices the projector

"Hey, what have you got there?" Jason started at the sound of Melinda's voice as the eldest of his sisters peered over his shoulder.

"Yeah, I don't really know," he admitted handing over the contraption and the handwritten note that came with it "It was in the basement. I'm thinking it's like a movie prop or something?"

"Hmm," Melinda skimmed the note and reexamined the belt-like headband "could be I suppose. But what if it's real? Maybe we should test it out, just to be sure?"

"Real?" Jason scoffs despite having much the same thought only a moment earlier "Come on, mind control isn't real. Give it here and I'll throw it out with the rest of this junk."

"No seriously," the blonde girl persists "my friend Becky knows a girl who swears her cousin, Linda, was hypnotized one time and ever since then whenever someone says the word artichoke she clucks like a chicken."

"Sounds like Becky's friend's cousin needs therapy," Jason disagrees with his sister mostly out of habit bourn out of a lifetime of sibling rivalry "It's ridiculous. Absurd. Completely..."

"Completely fricking awesome?" Mel cut in before her big brother could find another word for silly "come on don't you want to try it even once?"

Jason tries to think of a good reason not to play with the supposed mind control device but the truth is he's just as curious about it as his sister.

"Uhg, fine," he agrees "I'll test it,once, but if anyone ends up scratching up the yard looking for birdseed your the one explaining it to mom."

"Great" she beams in triumph "So..."

Who's our first victim?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)