More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by lrocks911 lrocks911

What happens first?

Meeting a sentient Robot Girl

"In the future, sentient AI's took human shape, integrating with society at an unprecedented level."

"This radical change did not come without its initial resistance however, and in many parts of the world..."

"There were strict rules imposed upon such robots. Many people still felt uneasy about them."

"Theories in computer science, movies, books, sci-fi, - for generations, all of these shaped this conception and fear."

"And so, depending on where a person was in the world, one would find different levels of hostility, or amity."

"In some places, the AI's were to live in crude shells - never allowed to look anything remotely resembling a human."

"In other places, the AI's were allowed to marry, have jobs, even have children."

"But... yeah, that's a different story. Like, they have to get a really big-"

"Anyways..."

"Miraculously, violent riots and resistance never happened, despite the rampant paranoia some societies had."

"There was an entire diaspora of these sentient AI's."

"There was even a book documenting the interactions of a completely free AI visiting a country where all the AI's were oppressed."

"They had different personalities, characteristics, all things which nobody ever expected."

"The most surprising of all was the natural impulse, desire, and whims that all of them had."

"It's hard to exactly define and articulate this point."

"The same thing which made humans humans had somehow manifested itself within AI's as well. Neither were perfect creatures."

"They had this element of randomness, unpredictability, and statistical randomness about them. Not in the sense that they would go berserk and attack people but you know what I mean..."

"All of the geniuses of the previous centuries had studied this phenemenon, but none of them could explain it."

"But as so many of them had mentioned before about trying to wrap one's head around it using purely logic and mathematics..."

"Perhaps a more direct experience will help?"

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)