More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by grimbous grimbous

What's next?

Meeting Notice

As you sit there a pounding knock comes to your door. You knew that knock well.

Bolting upright you straighten your hat and your pants and hurry to answer the door.

You swing it open to see the scowling face of Brainy Snurf, Papa Snurf's right hand man. His squinting eyes were stretched wide through his big round glasses. His eyes dart around the sparsely furnished one room house, looking for contraband or anything suspicious.

His nasally voice grates your nerves. "I heard a bang. Everything okay?"

You swallow hard. "Uh, yeah. Yeah Brainy, everything is fine. I...stubbed my toe."

"You seem flustered." He presses. "You're not unhappy, are you? Snurfs are supposed to be happy."

"No, no! I just stubbed my toe, that's all." You say.

"Hmmm." He hums suspiciously. "I saw Skanky leave your hut. You are a lucky Snurf today, aren't you?"

You nod quickly. "Oh yes! Skanky serviced me well." You lie.

"Good." He snips. He continues to look at you closely. "Well, there's a Village Meeting within the hour."

"I'll be there." You say.

"Of course you will." Brainy replies. "Have a snurfy day Randy."

You automatically repeat the oft used expression as was expected of you. "Have a snurfy day Brainy."

He gives you and your room one last narrow eyed once over then turns and heads down the lane to the next mushroom house. The home of the cantankerous Grumpy Snurf.

You let out a long sigh of relief and swing the door closed.

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)