More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by TurinTurambar TurinTurambar

What should you do now?

Meet the other two passengers

You decide to get to know your neighbours. You open the slide door, close it behind you and knock on the door next to yours.

"Come in?", a male voice answers. You slide open the door and see two people sitting on a bed, a man of about 20 years, and a young girl, maybe 16 years old. Both are black of hair and fair-skinned. The man wears rather fancy stuff, maybe he's from the cores as well. The girl is dressed in a floaty summer dress, her feet lying exposed on the sheets. Her hair is in slight disarray, she doesn't seem to wear any sort of make-up, yet she's very beautiful. They both look at you rather surprised.

"Hi", you say. "I just wanted to introduce myself. I'm John."

"Oh, you're the new passenger", the guy responds and gets up. "I'm Simon...", he says while extending his arm. You shake it. "...and this is my sister River." The girl is still sitting in the same pose, eyeing you without a hint of emotion. "Hi, River", you say awkwardly and attempt a smile, but she just tilts her head and seems to silently judge you.

"You're from the core as well?", you try to cover the awkwardness. Simon seems alert. "What makes you think that?"
"Oh, I just thought... well, your suit..." you stutter defensively. You did not intend to offend anyone. But he quickly relaxes again. "I'm sorry. Yes, you're right, we are."

"Okay." You don't feel confident enough to ask from where exactly they are, so you decide to leave it at that. "Well, nice to meet you two. I'm in the adjacent room. See you at dinner I suppose." Simon gives you a polite nod, while River is still looking at you like you're a mildly interesting zoo animal.

As you close the door behind you, you consider what to do next.

What now?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)